Thanks, Denise

Monna W.
on 4/7/06 10:51 am - Susanville, CA
Hi Everyone, Had a surprise phone call this afternoon from Denise Kinyon. She said she was worried about me because I hadn't been on the boards for so long. I am doing well and thanks to all who have expressed concern. About a month ago I realized that by posting my food everyday, I was thinking about food all the time and it was controlling my life just as it did before I had surgery. I knew that I had to back away. I apologize for not posting at that time, but I just needed to be away for a few days and then it was a week and then two and before I knew it, Denise was calling me. Alcoholics teach that even if you are not drinking, but thinking all the time how not to drink, the alcohol is still controlling your life. This is true of me and food. I had my mid-term evaluation at my PE class the other day. I am much more flexible than I was when I started the class, and I increased the number of abdominal crunches in 60 seconds from 30 to 54. I have increased my speed on the treadmill from 2 mph to 2.5 mph with about 5 minutes at 3 mph. I can now do intervals of 4 minutes at 3% incline at 2.5 mph--started at .5% at 1.5 mph. I had gained 8 lbs., but have lost 5 of them. I really want to be below 200 by my anniversary date. I have not been able to walk outside because we are still having snow and rain. Also my plantar fascitis still bothers me. I'm glad Pinelope is on the mend. Loved Bobbie's revamped profile. Always learn a lot from Mary's posts. Good to see Jeff back on the board. Pam, you hang in there. Nancy, you are always so encouraging to all of us. Denise H. and Teah inspire me by their perseverance. Denise K.'s call made me realize how much all of you are really my family. Denise and I will get to meet in July when she and her hubby come camping a few miles from Susanville. Looking forward to that. Love to all of you, Monna
Irene S.
on 4/8/06 12:01 am - NJ
Monna! I've missed you. I understand how you feel about posting your menu and why it doesn't work for you. You are OUR family too, so just check back when you can. I've always LOVED your posts about your progress and found them to be inspiring, so I hope as you achieve those milestones you'll continue to tell us about them! Love, Irene
jewelcrown
on 4/8/06 6:52 am
Hi Monna! I'm glad you're okay... We were definitely worried. Drop us a post from time to time and let us know how you are (not necessarily weight related), just as someone we care about! All the best!!! Denise
IrishIze
on 4/9/06 11:46 pm - NJ
Monna - I am so glad to hear from you and even more glad that things are ok. I hope that plantar fascitis gets better for you- I know how miserable that can be. I can really relate to your struggle to figure out your relationship with food. I struggle as well. When I'm in 'diet' mode, all I think about is food, when I'm not in 'diet' mode, I also think about food a lot. I'm trying to find some sort of a balance - right now it's kind of an all or nothing deal and I know that's not the way to go. I have my ups and downs too, my friend. Keep well and please keep in touch just so we don't worry... Hugs, Nancy
sradcli74
on 4/10/06 11:01 pm
Hi Monna I'm glad to know that you are ok. We missed you so much! But don't be a stranger, drop in to let us know how you're doing from time to time. Hugs, Teah
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views