Encouragement for July 2003 Board... We can do this! :)

jewelcrown
on 4/7/06 5:29 am
From: Judith Bumgardner, Bellevue, NE, DS (07/02/2003) Posted at 8:54 AM PST on 03/17/2006 This is a reply to a post by Lashawn Stewart RE: Panicking!!!!. Don't panic, that's bad for us over eaters to do. Definitely try South Beach, that's what I follow and I love the options. My weight loss stalled too, but I wasn't exercising, and I was eating all day long. Last October I started taking metabolife, started walking and worked my way up to 5 miles EVERY day, and I follow South Beach. I had stalled at 208 pounds, down 102 fom my original 310 before surgery, and now I'm at 165 and wear a size 8. I would like to loose 10 more pounds, and I know I will. I still eat often,, but I make better choices now. You can do it too, just love yourself, and be good to you, but do what's right for you and your health. You can do it, start somewhere. It's not wrong to make a mistake, it's wrong to stop trying.
sradcli74
on 4/10/06 11:16 pm
I should be working, but when I saw this post, I took a look at the 2003 board...its depressing to me. I don't want to be at that point where I'm wondering what happened and have forgotten what it takes to at least maintain the weight where I am at 3 years out. I want life long success. Those posts just reinforce that the surgery is only a tool and not a miracle cure. WE CAN DO THIS! Teah
jewelcrown
on 4/11/06 10:24 am
Teah: It's so true!!! I remember being a newbie and reading of 2 yr post opts on the main board and being amazed at the struggles. Now I truly understand. I'll probably post the rest of my life just to try and stay focused. I don't want to look back and realize the scar up my abdomen was for nothing!!! At this point maintaining is even more important than losing. I want to lose, by for the love of peanutbutter, I've got to maintain. I saw my regular doctor and my lab work has never looked soooo good!!! Hope you're having a great evening my friend. We're going to stay on task!! Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views