Contest--Day 6

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/06 10:55 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
An okay day, not the best...too much salt. B~english muffin, ff cream cheese L~chicken fajitas (only chicken, green pepper, onion, guacamole) D~salad (build your own), cottage cheese and fruit, low-calorie onion soup (Ruby Tuesday) S~cottage cheese I tried to make a healthy salad. I stayed away from the prepared salads and used very little dressing. I chose the soup without cheese or croutons. With all that chicken at lunch, surely protein was at a good level. I did not exercise...it was time for a day off! I have a job interview for Middle School Language Arts on the 18th. I still don't know if I passed the test for it, but I have an interview anyway. I should have gotten my scores already, but I'm not that lucky. So now I'm nervous about that, and hopefully it will all work out just fine. But I've gotta get that test first! Pamela
Irene S.
on 4/6/06 11:20 am - NJ
This looks like a good day to me foodwise, Pamela! Ok, you can exercise tomorrow. A day off is a good thing. I saw your post about being divided over the carb issue. Don't really have any answers for you. I am not a scientist so I can only tell you how the starchy carbs make me feel. I've already mentioned the craving for more that comes with that. I know you've written that you have problems with portion control, grazing and poor food choices. Only you can decide how much - IF ANY - is effected by eating carbs. I certainly will support your decision to continue eating a non low carb diet. I truly wi**** was as simple as calories in - calories out... I would have disappeared long ago, lol! I will keep my fingers crossed and send good vibes your way for the new job. Is this in a different school or the current school? I thought you were thrilled with the job you have? Always a good thing to improve and look for opportunities! Irene
(deactivated member)
on 4/6/06 9:44 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
The job I have now is only as a teacher's aide. I'm actually certified in elementary education, and if I pass this test, then also in Middle School Language Arts. While I love my current job, I'd love to use my education and get a triple paycheck. It's a different school district, about five minutes outside of where I live. Technically, it has my city's zip code (but it's more rural). It's a good district and 10 seconds from my husband's work...in an area that we hope to one day buy a house. BUT...I'm putting the cart before the horse!
jewelcrown
on 4/6/06 10:39 pm
Looks good....
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits