Tuesday Excercise

Mary M.
on 4/3/06 2:40 pm - Neverland, CA
Fitness Personality No. 2: The Mind/Body Connection You are lean and serene. by Tiffany Owens for MSN Health & Fitness The inner key to your fitness personality is to achieve a calming effect or restore balance to your hectic life. You balk at the latest fitness fads; instead, you prefer tried-and-true methods--especially those steeped in ancient tradition or of a holistic quality that embody a spiritual bent. When exercising, your mind works in tandem with your body to create a complete wellness package. If you do go to the gym, it is not for equipment use, but for the convenience of their abundant class schedule offerings. You usually exercise solo to minimize distraction, but don't mind being part of group instruction as long as the class structure mirrors your objectives. Your personality is most likely to receive yoga or pilates instruction, combined with healthy eating and lifestyle habits to enable both your body and brain to work together to stay balanced, limber and flexible. Exploring other means to jumpstart your mental processes--or your heart rate--is another key to helping you stay motivated and stick with an exercise program. Your weekly routine should also incorporate at least one or two other activities of a serene or adventurous nature. Need to burn more calories? Try fusion fitness, which combines yoga or pilates with other cardio and strengthening exercises. Need a bigger lift? Try a new adrenaline-soaked adventure, like mountain-biking, kickboxing or the flying trapeze. Other activities to try: Canoeing/Kayaking Fusion Exercises Kickboxing Medicine Ball Exercises Martial Arts Meditation Nature Walks Qigong Resistance Bands Skydiving Surfing Swimming Tae-Bo Tai-Chi Trail Hiking Trapeze Water Aerobics So what have you done today? Mary 415/163/147 16 lbs to Personal Goal 17 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
jewelcrown
on 4/3/06 11:37 pm
Good morning Mary! 1 hr - water aerobics - DONE 25 minutes Pilates - DONE 1 hr - walking Guess what? I got my bottom 1/2 inch off the floor this time!!! Only 4-1/2 inches to go!!! Have a great day!!! Denise 326/220/170 -106 50 lbs to Drs goal 5 lbs to mini mini goal of 215 by April 24
Mary M.
on 4/4/06 9:32 am - Neverland, CA
Weigh to Go!!! Denise!!! Inch by inch....your going to be getting that bottom....up, up and away from the floor!!!! Awesome workout!!! Mary
IrishIze
on 4/4/06 3:46 am - NJ
Hi Mare - I'm not feeling so hot today - I have a tummy ache, but I did the WATP WalkBlaster this morning. I'm hoping I feel well enough to do another set tonight. Hugs, Nancy
Mary M.
on 4/4/06 9:34 am - Neverland, CA
Nancy, So sorry that you have a tummy ache...you are so just fabulous for doing your WATP WalkBlaster this morning despite of not feeling well. Hope your feeling much better. Mary
Mary M.
on 4/4/06 1:15 pm - Neverland, CA
Today is cardio day, 30 minutes this morning on the elliptical.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views