Contest--Day 2

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/06 8:31 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Not as great a day as yesterday. Being a dreary Sunday, I wasn't motivated to really get out of the house, and the call of the kitchen was just way too loud. I "managed." B~english muffin, ff cream cheese L~tuna salad (healthy) in a pita, cottage cheese D~chili (mostly beans and veggies with a hint of meat for hubby) S~celery dipped in hubby's rotel dip, a cupcake without icing, 1/2 serving of pretzels with laughing cow light wedge...hopefully nothing else for the day, maybe some tea Exercise: None today, SOOOO very sore from yesterday! Looking at my menu, there are obvious rooms for improvement. Calories were at 1310, but did I REALLY need that rotel dip or cupcake? Also, my tuna salad was the entire can of tuna...which means I probably didn't need the bread. And of course, exercise is a must...but my poor hamstrings and shoulders couldn't take it. Tomorrow will DEFINITELY be better! Pamela
Irene S.
on 4/2/06 8:45 am - NJ
yes. That's the problem with overdoing it. Leaves you feeling unable to move. Tomorrow will be better. Maybe just get yourself out of the house if you need to escape the kitchen. If you can keep the damage down for the rest of the day, it is really not so bad. Don't be too hard on yourself. sometimes we are offering ourselves 'constructive criticism' and sometimes it's the old tapes that are playing from long ago. The old tapes are not good. Tomorrow will be a new day and a new opportunity. Speaking of tomorrow, and thinking that it's 'back to work' do you have your meal and exercise strategy in place for tomorrow? If so, that's bound to be a help. Irene
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/06 8:58 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch every work day, unless something comes up, like the school buying lunch for teachers. You'd think I'd get bored with the english muffin and chicken wrap, but I absolutely crave my breakfast and lunch. Not only does the stuff taste great, but there's something comfortable in knowing what I'm going to eat. And yep, I already have dinner planned...a healthy version of chicken fried rice using the leftover chicken from Saturday. And a stint on the treadmill and a session of weights. Weekdays are much easier for me! Thanks for the encouragement!
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/06 11:26 am - Paradise, CA
Hi Pamela, I know that you can win this contest if you are really determined to. You are doing great. Have a great day, Denise K.
IrishIze
on 4/3/06 3:46 am - NJ
Hey, like Irene says, tomorrow's another day. The only thing I would suggest is perhaps trying to cut out some of the carbs. Load that chili up with meat! Have the tuna salad without the pita, and instead of cream cheese on english muffins, try a slice of cheese on ham, chicken or roast beef. How about adding a protein drink during the day? I find that protein really quiets the cravings, whereas carby food always has me lookin' for more!!! Keep up the good work - you're going to win this thing!! Hugs, Nancy 280/166/155 ~ mini goal: 162 by 5/1
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views