Contest--Day 1

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/06 7:51 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Okay, so my day 1 is nearly finished. How did I do? YOU be the judge! B~english muffin with ff cream cheese L~grilled chicken, broccoli salad, a bite of potato salad and pasta salad, baked beans D~grilled chicken and more baked beans S~haven't had a snack, but might get a sugar free ice cream from DQ Exercise: Nothing formal, but I spent three hours raking sweet gum balls from my backyard and then planted three bushes into my flower bed. Water: Not very good, especially considering that I spent most of the day working in the yard. I am completely wiped out, but I feel really good. My eating is on track, and I've outdone myself with physical activity. I will sleep great tonight! Pamela
IrishIze
on 4/2/06 1:16 am - NJ
Sounds like you're on your way, Pamela. Great idea to keep busy - I know it really cuts down on the boredom eating for me. Keep up the good work - you can do this!! Hugs, Nancy
Irene S.
on 4/2/06 7:28 am - NJ
I'd say you've done great for day 1! If you keep going like this I don't see how you can't win. My only question would be - is it possible to change to a more protein based breakfast? Something like cottage cheese with a small amount of fruit, for example. While it's less satisying to eat proteins, I find they don't stimulate the ravenous hunger and cravings for me that carbs do. Or do you feel that having some carbs keep you on track and prevent beserk eating? Anyhow, it's just a suggestion and even done exactly as written, it's a fantastic day!
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/06 8:24 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I guess I never mentioned that my english muffins have no less than 7 grams of fiber and 5 grams of fiber. I choose either Thomas Light multigrain or Weigh****chers. The fat free cream cheese I choose has 4 grams of protein. For 120 calories, I have 11 grams of protein! If you haven't tried them, give them a whirl! Amazingly enough, I do really well with this for breakfast...been eating it for MONTHS now. I tend to have a snack around 10 am and lunch at noon. For me, carbs tend to keep me on an even keel much more than straight-up protein does. I tend to get fuller faster and stay fuller longer.
Irene S.
on 4/2/06 8:50 am - NJ
Good going on the muffins! While I keep to a relatively high protein diet and don't eat much in the way of breads, pastas and such, I know that some of us don't do so well without the carbs. It's great that you know your eating style well enough to know that some breads and starches have to be in your diet. In that case, just make them good ones - as you're doing!
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/06 8:24 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I guess I never mentioned that my english muffins have no less than 7 grams of fiber and 5 grams of fiber. I choose either Thomas Light multigrain or Weigh****chers. The fat free cream cheese I choose has 4 grams of protein. For 120 calories, I have 11 grams of protein! If you haven't tried them, give them a whirl! Amazingly enough, I do really well with this for breakfast...been eating it for MONTHS now. I tend to have a snack around 10 am and lunch at noon. For me, carbs tend to keep me on an even keel much more than straight-up protein does. I tend to get fuller faster and stay fuller longer.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views