Breakfast????

IrishIze
on 3/28/06 11:04 pm - NJ
I'm not much of a breakfast eater - partially because I'm just not hungry in the morning and partially because once I start eating solid food, it seems to set off a compulsion to continue eating and eating and eating. I find if I have a protein drink instead of solids, I'm not as apt to want to continue on eating. I keep hearing that people who eat breakfast are much more likeley to lose weight than people who don't eat. Would a scoop of Isopure Zero Carb Protein powder in lemonade be an OK breakfast? It has 105 calories and 25 g. of protein. Hugs, Nancy 280/168/155
sradcli74
on 3/28/06 11:10 pm
In my opinion a protein drink would count as breakfast. I think the idea is to eat something, within the first couple hours of waking to keep your metabolism going. We'll have to research to find out more on this subject. Teah
jewelcrown
on 3/28/06 11:54 pm
Hi Nancy! Absolutely... I think the goal is to break the fast. You've been without nourishment all night... A protein drink suits the purpose just fine! I'm glad you're back online... you're an inspiration. Keep up the good work! I'm proud of you!!! Denise 326/220/170
Mary M.
on 3/29/06 12:41 am - Neverland, CA
Nancy, You better believe that a protein drink is considered as breakfast, so is a protein bar or pudding. I keep all these readily on hand. At our Sams Club I purchase EAS Carb Control RTD 100 cal/15g protien, Powercruch bars in the freezer and Stallone Pudding in the fridge. This way I avoid temptation of a bagel or muffin. They also serve as a great snack when I am craving something sweet. According to my nutritionist and I have read this on other web sites that the best times to have breakfast is within 1.5 hours after rising. Mary
Irene S.
on 3/29/06 6:58 am - NJ
Sure - sounds like breakfast to me! BTW: eating or drinking protein like that will tame my hunger beast. But eat carbs? HUNGRY!!!!! Irene
Mary M.
on 3/29/06 11:08 pm - Neverland, CA
Nancy, This morning I found an article: One caveat: If you exercise first thing in the morning (before breakfast), have your postworkout drink prior to working out, follow the guidelines for eating 2 hours after exercise, and then resume the recommendations for the rest of the day (Time Zone 2). http://health.msn.com/dietnutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100118695 Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views