Hey July Babies!--Just checking in...

jcordell
on 3/24/06 10:15 am - TX
Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in and say hey. I've been lurking around lately...not alot to talk about, I guess. Man, I'm so frustrated. About 6 weeks ago I was fed up with not losing anything, so I finally got my big butt back in to the gym. I go 3-4 times a week, religously, and do a routine that includes both cardio and weight training. I HAVEN'T LOST ****~ Though I can tell I'm gaining muscles, my weight stays the same and my clothes (particularly my pants) don't feel any looser. My lower half is awesome--all muscle--due in large part to carrying my fat a$$ around for so many years, I'm sure. I couldn't be happier with everything below the waist, and my arms are shaping up nicely too...but my STOMACH is still big and gross. And my man boobs are KILLING me. I would love to have PS, but I don't foresee that happening. I was reading the earlier post about food. I sometimes think I can eat too much, and other times I can't eat much at all. I'm trying to make good choices as much as possible, though I do tend to slip from time to time. I got some AWESOME protein bars called Pure Protein that only have 3g net carbs and 20g protein. I also found that a bag of Jack Link original jerky has only 9g carbs and 45g protein--and the chewing helps me feel fuller. Anyway, just wanted to check in--I'm so glad to see you guys doing so well! For those of you at (and BELOW) goal, keep up the great work! For the rest of us, hang in there...and remember, keep smiling and keep the faith! Jeff 338/220/188 -118, 32 to goal
Irene S.
on 3/25/06 2:59 am - NJ
Hi Jeff! I was wondering how you've been! I'm glad you checked in. If you're building muscle, you won't necessarily show a weight loss. Muscle weighs more than fat. The really great thing about building muscle is that takes more calories to maintain muscle than fat. I know what you mean about the PS. I'm trying to get perhaps a few more pounds off and/or just stabilize for 6 months so I can have PS. No idea where the $$$$$$ for ps will come from. I might have to win the lottery for that. I found a protein bar the has 30 grams of protein. Tastes pretty good for a protein bar too... But I really don't eat them regularly, since I prefer to have the "eating satisfaction" that I get from regular food. But for the times when I just can't seem to get in a good amount of protein... they're just the ticket! They're called Everlast Nutrition energy bars. Zero sugar, 30 grams protein, Low carb - 2g net impact carbs, 250 cals. Now that you're back, DON'T be a stranger, Jeff! Irene 330/151.5/145?
Sherri_B
on 3/27/06 11:53 am - washington, MO
Hello i often wondered about you . i dont post near as much either anymore ,but i will say i just got back from 5 days in vegas and wow they really party there . i lost weight while i was there though lol we was so busy on the go all time . we stayed in the Paris hotel it was my first vivsit there . Wow they drink and party all day at 5 am and 7 am you see people walking around w/ drinks that is just crazy . I can relate i dont lose much anymore either i did gain 7 pounds this week though . i need to get back to basics . at least you get your ace to the gym i still cant get there but am trying .. take care nice seeing you post
IrishIze
on 3/28/06 2:33 am - NJ
Hi Jeff!! Boy is it nice to hear from you!! Sounds like you're in the same boat as a lot of us - I think it's tough after having that initial quick weight loss and watching ourselves shrink without really having to work at it, and now, every ounce lost is a struggle.... I'm still trying to get down to 155. I have a few good weeks, then blow it for a week...some habits die very hard. I would love to have PS, but there is no way I could possibly pay for it and no way will my insurance pay. Guess I'll have to find me a sugar daddy.... (just kidding.. ) As long as we're trying and learning from our mistakes, we're ahead of the game in my book. Hang in there, and hey, don't be such a stranger!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views