More to Lose ....Friday March 24

sradcli74
on 3/23/06 9:16 pm
Hi Everyone, I gained 5 pounds. The scale read 188! Today I am trying a liquid protein diet for the rest of today and through the weekend. If I do eat food, I'm limiting it to salad. Breakfast Scrambled egg and half piece of Wheat Toast Lunch Protein Smoothie Dinner Protein Smoothie
jewelcrown
on 3/23/06 9:25 pm
Teah.... I know what you mean. My escapades caught up with me... Surprise Surprise! I'm up one lb. Back up to 220!!! UGH!!! Here's today's plan: Breakfast Scrambled Egg Snack: Deli Ham Lunch: South Beach Dinner Snack: Sugar free pudding Dinner: Salmon Lettuce Cheese Light Dressing Snack: Deli Turkey Sugar free popsicles Nutrition: 1184 Calories 50 Fat 60 Carbs 103 Protein Have a great day!!! Denise 326/220/170 -106 50 lbs from Drs. goal 20 lbs from mini goal of 200 by July 6 Have a great day!!! Exercise: 1 hr water aerobics - DONE
Irene S.
on 3/24/06 12:00 am - NJ
Hi Denise, Please see my post to Teah... Irene
Irene S.
on 3/23/06 11:59 pm - NJ
Teah, you are being MUCH too hard on yourself. While the scale may have gone up 5 lbs, I am sure that you'd didn't gain 5 lbs. In order to gain a pound of fat you need to eat 3,500 extra calories - this would be over and above what you'd normally eat... so to gain 5 pounds would mean that you'd eaten 17,500 extra calories. Could you even eat 17,500 extra calories? I am saying this because I don't eat a lot of things that I'm not supposed to - in other words, I pretty much keep to a protein first diet. My weight fluctuates a LOT. I am almost always seeing that after the scale drops low, it jumps up again temporarily. As an example: One day I weighed 153 - a new low for me... The very next day it went up to 154.5, then down to 154 then up to 157 down to 156.5 then down to 156 then down to 154 then down to 153.5 then down to 153 then down to 152 another new low... then down to 151.5 another new low... then UP to 152.... See? It's down and then up, but it's the trend that counts... and it's always the lowest weight that I count... since I know I'll go back down. Don't be too hard on yourself... You either, Denise! Keep yourself MOSTLY on the path and you'll get there! Irene
jewelcrown
on 3/25/06 2:28 am
Thanks, Irene!!! I know you're right. It was also a mistake for me to buy a scale. I'm obssessed!!! I need to go back to weighing once a week. I'm driving myself crazy. I must weight 4 times a day!!! I think I'm playing the same games I played before surgery. You know, you eat unhealthy stuff and see if shows u*****t. As long as I'm following plan, the rest will fall in place, which is why once per week weighing should be sufficient!!! Hope you're having a great weekend... Denise
IrishIze
on 3/24/06 12:37 am - NJ
Hi Ladies! Teah, I agree with Irene - you can't gain 5 lbs. in a day! Sometimes if I eat a lot of salty foods I can weigh a few pounds higher the next day. Irene, I really did like that post - thanks!! I still haven't weighed at home, but I went to the doctor last night and I was 171 fully clothed with sneakers, so I'm not too worried. Last time I weighed I was 168 first thing in the morning in my all-together, so I don't think I've gained. I probably haven't lost either, but I wasn't really trying to. I was trying to give myself a physical and emotional rest. I think I might feel ready to continue trying to lose. I've been doing pretty well - I haven't been logging on to fitday for awhile, but I did today, so here's my plan: B: Unjury in lemonade, and a South Beach cinnamon raisin snackbar L: Boca burger with .5 oz shredded reduced fat cheese, some pickled beets and a few pieces of cantaloupe. Snack: SF popsicle, .5 cup of roasted chicken breast D: Chicken egg fu yung - 1 patty, no rice Snack: Carb Fix pretzels Totals: Calories: 700 Carbs: 39 Protein: 79 I'm back to doing my two sets of exercise every day. I did the WalkBlaster this morning and I'll do another set this evening. Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views