More to lose... Thursday (3/23)...

jewelcrown
on 3/22/06 9:16 pm
Good morning, Ladies! Yesterday was a fair day. I ate the last of the Girl Scout Cookies!!! I am just weak, if it's in the house, I will indulge... So, I'm glad it's out of the house. I'm still at 219, so hopefully my escapades won't catch up with me later. Here's today's plan: Breakfast: Tilapia Applesauce Snack: Deli turkey Lunch: South Beach Garlic Sesame Beef Snack: Deli ham Dinner: Salmon Cheddar Cheese Lettuce Light Dressing Nutrition: 992 Calories 39 Fat 40 Carbs 104 Protein Exercise: 1 hr water aerobics - DONE 25 minutes Pilates 30 minutes walking Have a great day!! Denise 326/219/170 -107 49 lbs. to Drs. goal 19 lbs. to mini goal of 200 by July 6
sradcli74
on 3/22/06 9:44 pm
Good Morning!!! Denise, I have a question for you, how do you prepare your tilapia and applesauce? I've never had the combination and i'm curious. Yesterday was good, except I ate a bag of peanut m&m's. I tried eating my chinese food and got that full stuffed feeling after just eating the eggroll. So I ended up throwing the rest away. I'm applying for a new job, so everyone please wish me luck. Its a job with the government EEOC, I'd have to take a paycut, but my commute would be much better and I'd at least have a life. I've almost completed the application process, i just have to find my transcripts and fax them in. I start my day at 4am, meet my vanpool at 5:30 to arrive at work by 7:00. I leave here at 4:00, get back to my car by 6:00 drive to pick up my kids 6:30, chat with my mom a few minutes and make it home by 7:30. I've been doing this commute now for 5 1/2 years and now that I have kids and a fiancee, its not worth it anymore because I don't have time for them or myself. Weekends are spent preparing for the week ahead and running errands that I don't have time to complete during the week. I'm just venting a little. Here's my plan for today: Breakfast and Lunch Chicken Salad and Crackers Dinner Undecided Snack Pears Protein Smoothie Have a great day.
jewelcrown
on 3/22/06 11:01 pm
Hey Teah! Absoutely good luck on your new job endeavor. I'll send up a few prayers for you too! Having a life is worth more than money. Your baby will grow up so fast. You'll want to savor the moments. I admire you for making life balance choices now so that you won't have the "if i could have, would have, should have" blues once the baby is grown and off to college! I use an indoor grill (sort of a George Foreman knockoff). Season the tilapia heavily with Old Bay seasoning and grill to your liking. My daughter likes it "blackened"; I tend to like it fluffy. Heat the applesauce in a saucepan or 30-40 seconds in the microwave and use as a sort of diipping sauce or relish for the fish. Between the Old Bay and applesauce, you get a salty-sweet flavor. Have a great day!! Denise
sradcli74
on 3/22/06 11:07 pm
Hey Denise, I appreciate the prayers. Thanks for the recipe it sounds really good, especially since I like the sweet and salty combination, I may become hooked. I'm going to try it. Maybe tonight, since dinner is undecided. Would you believe that I don't have an George Foreman, I've given them as gifts and have used the gifts, but I never brought one for myself. I just called my mom and she's going to let me use hers, (that I gave her no less). Thanks again. Teah
jewelcrown
on 3/23/06 2:54 am
Well... I fell "under the wagon" at work today. Inspite of having packed "healthy snacks", I grazed my way through 3/4 a bag of butter popcorn and 2 oatmeal cookies (not at the same time, but down the same throat!!). After the cookies I had to take a nap (sugar dumping). I don't know why I keep playing with fire. I will resolve to do better tomorrow. I've spent my calories for today! UGH!!! Thanks for listening (reading)!!! Denise
Mary M.
on 3/23/06 6:37 am - Neverland, CA
Denise, May I make a suggestion, when planning your daily menu you may want to include a snack such as protein bar, shake or pudding (I use powercruch, EAS shakes or stallone pudding) or a packet of almonds. I tend to want something sweet or nutty and if I make it healthy filled with protein I am less likely to reach for a sugary snack. I also keep sf jello and fudgeciles on hand at all times. Another item I love when I need something cruchy is soy chips (individual packets)...otherwise I will graze my way through a large bag. Now stop beating up on yourself...tomorrow is another day. & Mary
jewelcrown
on 3/24/06 12:02 am
Hey thanks Mary!!! You are such a good coach.... You should really think about doing this professionally! Denise 326/220/170 -106 50 lbs to Drs goal 20 lbs to mini goal of 200 by July 6
Mary M.
on 3/24/06 1:02 pm - Neverland, CA
Thank you for the compliment. I do volunteer work as a bariatric ambassador - I speak at community lectures, support groups, symposiums and I visit the patients in the hospital after their surgery. It is my way of giving to others for the blessings I have received by having this surgery. I share what works for me in hopes others can glean something that might work for them. Here by the grace of God go I... Mary
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/06 6:20 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I've been doing really well this week, but I'm fighting the urge to binge. I've been winning, but it's no easy feat! B~english muffin L~Subway turkey sandwich, salad D~not sure yet, a true test of my iron will S~chicken wrap, chicken wrap again Exercise~I hope so! Pamela doing well, but the scale disagrees
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views