Wednesday Excercise

Mary M.
on 3/14/06 9:55 pm - Neverland, CA
Sorry, that I was unable to post yesterday, however, I am away on business and that take presidence. Jumping rope has become an integral part of many kinds of fitness classes, including cardio-kickboxing classes and boot camp workouts. Fifteen minutes of jumping rope burns about 200 calories, with some variation depending on how fast you go and how much you weigh. And despite concerns that jumping rope is hard on the joints, it's easier on the knees and hips than running, since you land on the balls of your feet so the calves and shins absorb and control the impact. Rope Jumping Tips: Be sure your rope is the right length. When you step in the center, the handles should just reach your armpits. Wear a good pair of aerobic or cross-training shoes. Jump to music that has 120 to 135 beats per minute. Avoid concrete or hard tiles and jump on wooden floors, rubber tiles or low-nap carpeting. Keep shoulders relaxed and elbows in close to your body. Don't jump too high -- unless you're doing tricks. And turn the rope with your wrists, not your arms. Warm up with 5 to 10 minutes of light activity, then stretch gently before jumping. If you've been sedentary and you're a man over 40 or a woman over 50, check with your doctor before beginning any vigorous activity. Start by alternating brief periods of jumping with resting moves, such as turning the rope alongside your body without jumping. Over time, do fewer resting moves and more jumping. Your goal is to jump continuously for at least 15 minutes. So what have you done today? Mary 415/167/147 20 lbs to Personal Goal 13 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
Mary M.
on 3/14/06 10:08 pm - Neverland, CA
Yesterday, I did 30 minutes on the eliptical & went bowling with my co-workers. Today, I did another 30 minutes on the eliptical and if I have time will go walking this evening after dinner. Mary
IrishIze
on 3/15/06 2:29 am - NJ
Hi Mary - I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, so I didn't do my morning exercise. I'll plan on doing it when I get home tonight. Hugs, Nancy
Mary M.
on 3/15/06 4:20 pm - Neverland, CA
Nancy, Hope you are feeling better. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits