Been missing for a while...bad me!

suzeeq
on 3/14/06 8:35 am - Palmerton, PA
Sorry I haven't posted in a long while my july buddies. I do read how well you all are doing and am so proud of you guys posting your food intake everyday and cheering each other on. I've been having trouble with my thyroid and I'm still working with my doctor to get it straightened out. My weight has been stalled since December but I'm almost sure it's from the thyroid business. But still have been gaining and losing the same darn 5 lbs. it seems like forever. I've wanted to lose another 20 lbs. which I think will come off slow but sure as soon as I get this problem taken care of. Other than that I feel great and walk everyday that the weather permits. I actually had someone...a close family member that has always been very upfont with me tell me not to lose anymore weight or I'd look like crap. She said I look healhy now and that if I lost anymore I'd look sick. I set a goal of 175 for myself which I thought was reasonable. I'm tall and carry my weight all over so I never look like what I actually weigh, but after she said that to me I looked in the mirror and I'm happy with what I look like at 193. If I lose anymore weight then I do but I'm not gonna knock myself out trying. Just going to keep an eye on the scale to make sure I'm not gaining. I have more trouble accepting that I only wear an extra large top and a size 14 pants. I just can't believe it but you know I still find myself cruising thru the plus sized section and looking even knowing that those sizes will never fit. Do any of you still do that? Anyway I just want to drop by and say hi to you all and cheer you all on to sucess....You go girls and guys!...Luv you all...Susie P.S....I'll try to post more often! 328.7-193-175
IrishIze
on 3/14/06 9:33 pm - NJ
Hi Susie, Thanks for the update! It seems like a lot of us are having a problem losing that last 20-25 lbs. I do put some of it to the extra skin. I am trying to focus a bit more on being healthy. I feel that I'm the healthiest I have been in a long, long time. I exercise regularly and my blood pressure is good without meds and so is my cholesterol. Sometimes I need to take a break from the scale, which is what I'm doing right now. I'm being aware of what I'm eating, but I'm also giving myself the freedom to enjoy some regular foods. Next week I'll go back to 'dieting'. Hope you'll stick around!~ Hugs, Nancy
suzeeq
on 3/14/06 10:32 pm - Palmerton, PA
Hi Nancy, So good to hear from you again. I'm glad to know that your health is good and afterall that is the most important thing to remember. I'm still taking a low dose of blood pressure meds and of course my thyroid meds and vitamins but that's it! Blood pressure is perfect here too. I know how hard it is to keep on trying and doing all the right things to try to lose weight and not losing it! It's very frustrating to say the least.That darn scale drives me nuts at times but I'm more or less just getting on it to make sure my weight stays in check. I know you know how that is. One day down 3 the next day up 4 and how did that happen when you're eating everything the right way? I don't get it either so I've decided to just accept my weight as it is and if I lose I lose and if I don't I don't. I think I might be able to lose some more once my thyroid gets regulated. Who knows! Nancy hang in there cuz you surely aren't alone. We have to remember that we are healthy now because we had the surgery and stop driving ourselves nuts with that darn scale. Now if I can just get that thru my thick skull...lol...Smile hon and hang on for dear life! The wind out there is whipping like crazy here!...Keep in touch...Luv ya...Susie 328.7-293.2-175ish hopefully someday
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views