"I Shot It" -- Funny Post from WLS Grads... Enjoy

jewelcrown
on 3/6/06 2:41 am
I have a confession...I shot it. Original Post by Pat Schnatterly at 12:06 AM PST on 03/05/2006 McMinnville, OR - RNY (02/02/2005) Last week was kind of a blue week for me. I've been on a plateau for nearly 4 months, found out my thyroid was low and redid my meds for that and learned my B-12 was also very low and have been getting daily shots. Finally I KNEW why my metabolism had been so sluggish, right? That would mean maybe I could get off of this %*$ plateau. So after being on the meds for nearly 2 weeks I decided to weigh. You probably guessed what that devil of a scale said.....I had gained 4 lbs. It truely destroyed the LAST GOOD NERVE in my body and I kind of snapped. I took the scale out back (I live in the country), got out the gun and emptied a round into it. The first shot was right through the dial...Kinda like a shot to the heart. The rest were just emotional release. When I was done I felt good. It was dead and I'd never have to put up with it's lying ways again. I did this through a flurry of tears. How could I have been so betrayed by this machine? So now it is a week later and I can laugh about it. Will I be replacing it with a newer younger model? Heck NO! I've given up on scales. They try to seduce us by showing us a good time in the begining and then they betray us further into our relationship. No I will weigh once per month in the safety of my Dr. office. That way I can only be royally disappointed 12 times per year and there are people present to keep me from ripping the scale appart with my bare hands.
IrishIze
on 3/6/06 3:17 am - NJ
Denise - that is so funny! I think at one time or another we've all wished we had some sort of weapon to murder our scale!! In the long run, I LOVE my scale (lately ) and when I finally reach my goal, I will do the opposite and give it a big KISS!! Thanks for giving me a laugh today! Hugs, Nancy
Irene S.
on 3/6/06 3:19 am - NJ
Denise, that is very funny! Thanks for sharing. I know I've felt like smashing my scale at times, and I'm sure I'm not alone in my thinking. I sure can relate to the way that POS can make me feel... Irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views