upper GI xray ordered....

on my W.
on 3/5/06 7:59 am - Canada
Hello folks, Well I have had a rough few weeks with all three kids being sick and my mother in the hospital for a few days. Anyway, I am at 171 and holding. I should be 149. I am having significant discomfort after I eat and I am back on 2 previcid per day. It is like the food is getting stuck in the diaphram or something. The pain radiates right around to my back and it takes about 90 minutes to get over it. If I sit in the car after eating or have tight clothes on it is much worse. With all the extra skin that comes with dropping about 130 pounds...(my heaviest was 298 I think)...I have started to wear a panty girdle so that my clothes fit better. That isn't helping the pain situation for sure. Anyway....he has ordered an xray with a barium swallow and follow through in 2 weeks. Anyone out there have any infor on this?????????? I don't even know what I am going to be asked to drink?????? Hope all goes well. Take care, Karen. 290 - 171- 149
IrishIze
on 3/5/06 10:05 pm - NJ
Karen - sorry you're going through this, but it sounds like the best thing to do to get you straightened out. I imagine the barium swallow is the same thing they do right after surgery - kind of a chalky lemon-lime drink. Not too bad if I recall correctly. I hope everything goes well - please let us know what's happening. BTW, maybe you shouldn't wear the girdle until you find out what's up. Hugs, and fingers crossed, Nancy 280/167/155
Monna W.
on 3/6/06 2:26 am - Susanville, CA
Karen, I understand the stuff is not too terrible to swallow. But the big thing is to follow their instructions exactly after the study. If you don't get rid of all the barium you can have problems. Enough said. Just follow what the doctor and nurses tell you. Good luck and I hope it is nothing serious. Monna
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views