Weekend Excercise March 4-5

Mary M.
on 3/4/06 12:46 am - Neverland, CA
Endorphins are hormones secreted by the pituitary gland in response to physical stress. Exercise increases endorphins, chemicals in the brain that enhance memory and other thought processes. These hormones are known to block pain, decrease appetite, decrease anxiety and induce feelings of euphoria. Endorphins give a sense of well-being that contributes to the "second wind" phenomenon that helps us run the extra mile. And endorphins also give you a good feeling that can last throughout the day. Those who have participated in intense physically exerting sports will admit to the feelings of euphoria, increased pain tolerance and decreased appetite that accompany this exercise. Even if you don't release endorphins, the feeling of meeting your exercise goals improve mood as well. So what have you done today? Mary 415/168/147 21 lbs to Personal Goal 12 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
IrishIze
on 3/5/06 7:47 am - NJ
Hi Mary! On Saturday I did the 2 mile WalkBlaster - just one set that day. Today I did the 2.5 mile Walk and Kick video, and also the 2 mile WalkBlaster. Hugs, Nancy 280/167/155
Mary M.
on 3/5/06 10:11 pm - Neverland, CA
Nancy, Weigh to go!!! All your efforts are paying off, I noticed that you are now 12 lbs from goal!!! You go gurl!!! Mary
Mary M.
on 3/5/06 10:13 pm - Neverland, CA
Saturday I did 30 minutes on the eliptical and walked down main street/pier in the evening. On Sunday I went to the gym did 30 minutes of eliptical and 30 minutes of swimming laps. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views