Under Pressure

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/06 9:00 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I feel the weight of pressure crushing me. I handled it okay yesterday, but today, I'm not doing too well with it...I've eaten half of my daily calories already, and it's only 645 am! For starters, I'm taking an exam tomorrow morning to see if I can get certified in middle school english. That would be enough to make anyone nuts, especially if they hadn't taken an english class in years. THEN, my mother emailed yesterday telling me that I needed to order the cake for my sister's baby shower, which will be on the 19th of this month. Oh, and it's going to be a HUGE shower, with lots and lots of people. My mom didn't even plan a shower for me! And since I'm not handling being baby-less well, I just freaked out. To top off that, one of the schools I have applied at has already shown interest in interviewing me...they've talked to the principal and the teacher I work with and told the teacher that they expected to call me. The other day, there was a really bad wreck near where Alan was headed at the exact same time...and it was a small car involved. And since there was no way for me to reach Alan, I panicked and thought that he was the small car involved...until I finally got ahold of him later, when I knew he should be at work. I really just can't take much more of this stress! Well, at least tomorrow the test will be over. Pass or fail, it will be over. But right now, I think I'd better go throw up...I made myself kind of sick with all the crap I ate. When am I going to learn? Just wanted to freak out here... Pamela -130
Traci K.
on 3/2/06 9:13 pm - Sullivan, MO
{{{Pamela}}} I'll be praying for you hon. RELAX!!!! Do some exercise, that's a great de-stresser! Traci
jewelcrown
on 3/2/06 9:25 pm
Hang in there!!! Good luck on your test today.... You know, life is like a big pie! You can't eat the whole thing at one time... so slow down and take one bite a at a time. If you try and devour the whole thing at once, you'll overwhelm yourself. Did I mention the pie was sugar free!!! Have a great day!! Denise 326/219/170 -107 49 lbs to Doctors' Goal....
Monna W.
on 3/3/06 4:38 am - Susanville, CA
Pam. Your life seems to be a big series of major ups and downs. Do you have anyone to share your concerns with--dear friend, minister, anyone? My prayers are with you. Also sounds like you feel put upon by your mother. You need to let her know how you feel and ask that someone else order the cake for the shower. Take care of yourself (so you can take care of the other 2 major players in your life), your daughter and your husband. Monna
Irene S.
on 3/3/06 11:45 pm - NJ
Pamela, you need a big {{{HUG}}} and a wouldn't hurt either. This too, shall pass. Try to place YOU at the top of your list. Hang tight. Irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views