good news and not so good news

us2bfat C.
on 3/2/06 8:02 pm - selden, NY
well for the good news my son is being barmitzvahed tomorrow and im so filled with anxiety but excited at the same time...... its been a lot of planning and stressing........i also have been put back on medication for my liver.... i was diagnosed with hep c back in 95 and now my liver is messed up again......... the meds im taking are pure poison sort of on the same lines of chemo therapy.... well since ive been at goal i have been gaining and losing the same 4 lbs which my doc says is normal.... my problem now is that i am nauseas all the time and have no appetite ... i have lost 6 lbs since i started the meds.....now mind you if this was 6 months ago i would have welcomed the weight loss ...but now i dont want to lose anymore but i cant eat at all ... i have been forcing my shakes down and have been forcing myself to eat but always get sick now after i eat...who knows hopefully this will pass...... anyway i got a really sexy dress for the barmitzvah size 8 woooo hooooo and real hooker shoes....... i am sooooo looking forward to this day ...........i took my 2 boys for manicures and pedicures yesterday and they loved it........ today my son and i are playing hooky and will go out to breakfast to my favorite place so hopefully it will trigger some hunger..... anyway i will post some pics from the party when i upload them... thanks for listening my dear family and oh i wanted to say to you all your doing great i read your posts everyday and im sooooo proud of each and everyone of you ........ Stacy
IrishIze
on 3/2/06 9:25 pm - NJ
Oh, Stacy - I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Let's all hope and pray that this is just something that happens in the beginning, and that maybe your body will get used to it and you'll be feeling better. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers my friend. Congratulations to you and your son on his Bar Mitzvah!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!! Enjoy your day of hooky - enjoy your son - enjoy your breakfast. I hope you know I love ya and I'm wishing all good things for you!!! Hugs, Nancy 280/168/155
Monna W.
on 3/3/06 4:33 am - Susanville, CA
Congratulations for your son. I am not Jewish, but my best friend is and when her daughter had her Basmitzvah (hope I got it right) we were invited. I was so impressed with the entire ceremony--my first experience at a Jewish service. Sorry about your hepatitis. There are a lot of opinions--pros and cons--about the chemotherapy used to treat Hep C. It definitely causes nausea and possibly hair loss and a myriad of other things. Hope it all works out for you. Stay Healthy. Monna
us2bfat C.
on 3/3/06 6:16 am - selden, NY
Thanks mona this is not the first time on this treatment... so i have some experience.....i am not looking forward to it at all i just got my lovely locks back..... the only thing that i cant stand is the nausea i cant really afford to lose anymore weight..... i have to be on it for a year and if i take it correctly my chances for not having to have a transplant will be greater... thanks again for the reply by the way my dress is totally hot!!!!!!!!!!! Stacy
Irene S.
on 3/3/06 11:31 pm - NJ
Congratulation on the momentous occassion of your son's Bar Mitzvah! Mazel Tov! I'm really sorry that you're having the struggle with the Hep-c. I have a very good friend that has breast cancer and has to go for chemo. It's definitely not fun. There are medications that can help with the nausea AND the appetite problems. Talk to your doc about it. Just try the best that you can to take care of yourself. Focus on the fun stuff - like you should be having as I'm writing this... Hang in there Stacy. We're here for you. Love, Irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views