Friday March 3rd Exercise

Mary M.
on 3/2/06 3:17 pm - Neverland, CA
How much exercise is enough? In 1996, the Surgeon General recommended that adults get at least 30 minutes of physical activity most days a weeks. In 2002, the Institute of Medicine said that adults should get at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day. Then in 2005, the Department of Health and Human Services combined these earlier statements by recommending: At least 30 minutes of physical activity most days of the week to reduce the risk of chronic disease. About 60 minutes of physical activity most days of the week to prevent unhealthy weight gain. Up to 90 minutes of daily physical activity to sustain weight loss. What does this mean to you? That depends on your goals. 30 minutes of moderate physical activity a day offers health benefits. If managing weight is your goal, you may need 60 minutes or more of daily exercise. So what have you done today? Mary 415/168/147 21 lbs to Personal Goal 12 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
IrishIze
on 3/2/06 10:19 pm - NJ
I usually do 60 minutes a day; two 30 minute sessions. I'm hoping once the weather gets nice, to take a 30 minute walk in addition to the two 30 minute sessions. Today I did the 2 mile WATP WalkBlaster and I plan on doing the 2 mile WATP for Abs with resistance bands later this evening. Hope everyone has a healthy and happy day! Hugs, Nancy 280/168/155
Mary M.
on 3/4/06 12:30 am - Neverland, CA
Nancy, Weigh to go gurl!!! You rock!! Today, you reminded me how fortunate that I am living in So. Cali because it allows me the ability to workout in the great outdoors. I grew up in the Mid-West (Chicago) with harsh winters and remember how confining it was not to be able to excercise outdoors in the winters. However, we lack the seasonal beauty of spring and fall. Mary
jewelcrown
on 3/3/06 1:46 am
Looks like I need to up my exercise... I average 1 hr per day during the week and half hour or so on the weekends.... I read recently that Americans gain on between 2 to 6 lbs per year. They call it weight creep. Fast forward ten years and we're talking a 20 to 60 lb gain!! WOW!!! I did my usual 1 hr of water aerobics today. Have a great weekend... Denise 326/219/170 -107 49 lbs to Doctor's goal
Mary M.
on 3/4/06 12:33 am - Neverland, CA
Denise, Weight creep scares me!! We have all worked so hard to get ourselves healthy and the more educated we become the better prepared we will be in keeping that weight creep at bay. Keep up the good work!! Mary
Monna W.
on 3/3/06 4:27 am - Susanville, CA
Morning, Tried the Gazelle last night and lasted all of 2 minutes--literally. So I did some yoga. Saw my doctor today and all he could suggest was arch supports. I am going to Reno this weekend. There is a store there--The Good Feet Store--and see if I can't find something that will allow me to get my cardio time in. But everything else is absolutely wonderful. My blood work is great, I had lost 10 lbs. since I saw him last, my thyroid values are in normal range so the Synthroid is working. Tonight I will do a routine using the Balance Ball and weights. Some yoga too. Monna
Mary M.
on 3/4/06 12:37 am - Neverland, CA
Monna, You are absolutley awesome!! Congrats on the weightloss and your blood work is showing the results of your dilegent and daily effort in gaining control of your food and excercise. Hope that you are able to find something to elliviate the pain while excercising. I remember a gal at the gym wearing a boot to help her condition. Mary
Mary M.
on 3/4/06 12:39 am - Neverland, CA
I never made it to the gym yesterday. Started my walk and got caught in the rain. Later I was inundated with going to the accountant, mtg with my sons teacher on his progress, laundry duties and finishing a paper that I have due. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views