Wednesdays Workout

Mary M.
on 2/28/06 10:46 pm - Neverland, CA
Eating before a workout/exercise (WebMD) Many people have heard that you shouldn't eat before engaging in vigorous exercise. Is it okay to eat right before a strength-training session or a run? Will eating before a workout affect your progress if you're interested in weight loss? After a meal, significant blood flow is directed toward the stomach to facilitate the digestive process. If you attempt to exercise soon after eating -- whether running or strength training -- blood flow must be redirected to working muscles. Therefore, the digestive process is compromised and many people may experience cramping in the abdominal area. Abdominal cramping after eating tends to happen more often with cardiovascular exercise than with strength training, although the process is the same with both. So what have you done today? Mary 415/168/147 21 lbs to Personal Goal 12 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
IrishIze
on 2/28/06 11:30 pm - NJ
Hi Mary - I haven't exercised for a couple of days, and it's showing on the scale, so I'm going to get back to business this evening and do a 30 minute, 2 mile WATP WalkBlaster. Hugs, Nancy 280/169/155
Monna W.
on 3/1/06 2:47 am - Susanville, CA
nancy, I hope you get to feeling better. It took me about 2 weeks to feel human again. Bless you. Monna
Mary M.
on 3/1/06 10:59 am - Neverland, CA
Nancy, Hope you are feeling better and you may just retaining water (bloat)..frustrating, as I do not think you have over eaten 3500 calories...especially when you are not feeling well. Do what you can as long as you are feeling up it. Take Care, Mary
Monna W.
on 3/1/06 2:49 am - Susanville, CA
Morning, I have been to the gym this morning. Was able to do 20 minutes on the treadmill. My foot didn't hurt any worse than it has been any way. Then did 45 minutes weight training. Hope I can get back to my 60 minutes on the Gazelle. Monna
Mary M.
on 3/1/06 11:01 am - Neverland, CA
Monna, You inspire me! You keep on trying despite your pain. Weigh to go on the workout! Mary
Mary M.
on 3/1/06 11:04 am - Neverland, CA
Went to the gym this morning and did 30 minutes on the eliptical. I spent my entire day in a training class that is work related. Today being Ash Wednesday...off I go with the family to church this evening and then I have a learning team meeting (graduate work related), so that puts a damper on any workout plans. Mary
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/06 8:45 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Rode my bike for 15 minutes at the park. I couldn't handle any more than that, yet I can walk for such a long time, including up slight hills. Weird. Pamela -130
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views