Tuesdays Excercise - So what have you done today?

Mary M.
on 2/27/06 11:54 pm - Neverland, CA
The good news is that it's never too late! At any age, at any level of health, even if you already suffer from a chronic disease, you can improve your level of fitness. In fact, according to the U.S. Surgeon General's Report on Physical Activity and Health, women with heart disease or arthritis actually experienced improved daily function from involvement in various modes of physical activity. Physical fitness has four components: Cardiovascular fitness. Your heart, lungs and blood all need oxygen to work. Your level of cardiovascular fitness will determine your body's ability to use oxygen as a source of energy. It gives you the stamina or endurance to be active without gasping for breath. Muscular strength and endurance. This is the force your muscles can exert and their ability to keep moving without becoming exhausted. Flexibility. Keeping the optimal range of motion in the joint areas, making bending and stretching easy, is a measure of flexibility. Body composition. There should be a healthy ratio of lean muscle tissue to fat. So what have you done today? Mary 415/168/147 21 lbs to Personal Goal 12 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
Mary M.
on 2/27/06 11:58 pm - Neverland, CA
This morning I attended a spin class....great way to start my morning. It has been raining here...so unless it clears up and allows me to do my walk that will be all for my cardio. This evening I am scheduled to speak at my surgeons community lecture. Mary
IrishIze
on 2/28/06 12:58 am - NJ
Nuttin' for me today, Mare. This cold / virus is kicking my A$$...I feel crappy and the last thing I want to do is exercise. Hopefully in the next couple of days I'll be feeling better and be back to my routine. Hugs, Nancy 280/168/155
Mary M.
on 2/28/06 8:56 am - Neverland, CA
Nancy, Hope your feeling better real soon. take good care of yourself and get plenty of rest and fluids. Mary
Monna W.
on 2/28/06 3:01 am - Susanville, CA
Mary, We had torrential rains yesterday--guess they were on the way to your part of CA. Today it is snowing. This morning my daughter and I went to the gym and I did 35 minutes on the recumbent bike and 30 minutes weight training. I got an MP3 player yesterday and had a great time exercising to my tunes instead of watching depressing news on the TV in the gym. (I had gotten a player a couple of weeks ago and it would not allow transfer of files. Thought I was just not technocrat enough, but my son the geek couldn't do it either. Took it back for a refund and got a new one that works!0 Mary, I really appreciate the great feedback and encouraging posts you make to each of us in this thread. It makes want to continue. Monna
Mary M.
on 2/28/06 9:04 am - Neverland, CA
Monna, Weigh to go!! Awesome workout Music does make the workout so much more enjoyable and at times it inspires me to workout with greater intensity. I recently purchased a iPod Nano, prior to that I had a CD player...but is was so cumbersome especially while I was walking. Now I can create various playlist and never-ever worry about scratching the CD or hauling around various CDS...now it is all at the touch of my finger tips. As you can proably tell I just love my new little toy. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views