Weighing my options...

afcmtvrd
on 2/27/06 1:08 am - Circle Pines, MN
Howdy July babies, I am wondering how often you all weigh yourself. I am finding myself weighing in much more often than I used to. I don't like to weigh each day, however I am totally obsessed lately with the scale and it's feedback. I have been at goal since Thanksgiving, and actually have a few pounds to play with, but I hate seeing that stupid scale move up, even a pound bothers me. So I am weighing in each day to make sure I haven't gained anything. Did anyone else go through this? I hate having to be a slave to the scale!!!! any advice is appreciated!!
Mary M.
on 2/27/06 2:40 am - Neverland, CA
I must admit I am a scale ***** I get up each morning use the bathroom, go downstairs to the kitchen and weigh myself. I keep my scale in the kitchen as a consant reminder that I am accountable to myself each day and those results will be directly reflected on the scale. This is what works for me. If I see the scale even moving in an upward direction I examine my food log for the previous days to see if it was my eating or is i****er weight. I also journal my food each day in fitday.com. If the weight gain is due to food I head straight for the basics protein, veggies and water. Mary 415/168/147 12 lbs below doctors goal 21 lbs to personal goal
afcmtvrd
on 2/27/06 2:51 am - Circle Pines, MN
Great idea Mary, never thought about putting the scale in the kitchen. One of my tricks when cravings come calling, is to go into my closet and try-on my new clothes that I've worked so hard to fit into. I love to shop and dress up now that I've lost 240 lbs.!! But... I will definately move my scale!!
IrishIze
on 2/27/06 3:14 am - NJ
Another scale ***** here! I also weigh every morning. I like to know where I am - if I gain, I want to get it in check, if I lose, hey, that's really motivating! I think it's a personal preference..... Hugs, Nancy 280/168/155
Monna W.
on 2/27/06 3:43 am - Susanville, CA
Another scale *****! I not only weigh every morning, but I weigh every night just before I put on my nighty. I find if I don't, and wait several days between weighing I don't eat properly. Sometimes it is discouraging, but it is almost a necessity for me. Monna
afcmtvrd
on 2/27/06 3:47 am - Circle Pines, MN
The other question I have is...what kind of scale do you all use. I find that mine is not always acruate, and that is frustrating when even a pound or two makes a big difference in my attitude!!
Mary M.
on 2/27/06 4:25 am - Neverland, CA
My scale is a TANITA, I purchased my scale prior to WLS and it weighs up to 450lbs. I find ti very accurate I test it every other week by putting a pair of 5 lb dumbells on the scale. Oh, it is digital. Mary
Monna W.
on 2/28/06 2:54 am - Susanville, CA
Cindy, I have a digital scale made by Weigh****chers. I have marked the position for my feet so that stays consistent--foot placement can give different readings. I like it and seems to be quite accurate. Monna
afcmtvrd
on 2/28/06 2:59 am - Circle Pines, MN
Great idea for the foot position!! Never thought of that. This is why I love this board...all of the nice suggestions from people who "get it"!! Ever have that feeling that others just don't "get it" or have never "been there and done that??" I will mark my feet TONIGHT!!! Thanks
Irene S.
on 2/27/06 9:57 am - NJ
Ok, true confession here. Another scale ***** I weigh almost every day. It's what keeps my head immersed in what I need to do. For all of you folks that think you're nuts or obsessed - let me ease your mind. There is statistical proof that ppl that weigh often do BETTER than those that avoid the scale - except for one group of folks. If looking at the number on the scale would cause you to become truly depressed, you shouldn't weigh often. So weigh away, I say! Irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views