Exercise Today????

Mary M.
on 2/23/06 11:36 pm - Neverland, CA
The proper way to train abs is widely debated by experts. The truth is, there is no right or wrong way to go about training abs. What works for someone else may not work for you. Everyone has a different body type. Results will vary from person to person. As stated before, the most fat is burned when abs are trained with very little in the stomach. One should also consider performing some type of cardiovascular activity prior to beginning your training session. This minimizes your chance of overexerting an abdominal muscle. I have designed a generic abs workout for starters. Feel free to modify as needed. This routine uses a traditional one-after-the-other technique. You could also use a supersetting technique (switching back and forth between 2 or more exercises, with little or no rest in between sets). Crunches - 5 sets of 20 - hold each repetition for 10 seconds Side Crunches - 5 sets of 20 - hold each repetition for 10 seconds That's it! It should take less than 20 minutes to complete this routine. So what have you done today? Mary 415/168/147 21 lbs to Personal Goal 12 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
jewelcrown
on 2/24/06 2:19 am
Nothing yet... I turned over when the alarm went off this morning... so, no water aerobics this morning...... I may be a slacker today.... we'll see how the weekend goes. Have a great weekend.... Denise 326/221/170 -105 51 lbs to go to Drs. goal...
Mary M.
on 2/24/06 10:04 pm - Neverland, CA
Denise, It's okay that you are taking a day off to rest...some days are that way. Thanks for stopping by and posting. Hope the weekend is better for you. Come Monday though break out the whip and come looking for you... Mary
IrishIze
on 2/24/06 3:18 am - NJ
Hey Mare!! (said like Rhoda on the Mary Tyler Moore show! ) Speaking of abs, I did the 2 mile WATP for Abs with resistance belts this morning. I'm planning to do the Walk Strong video tonight, but we'll see. I woke up with a sore throat and some aches and pains, so I may just baby myself and hit the sack.... Hugs, Nancy 280/169/155
Monna W.
on 2/24/06 4:06 am - Susanville, CA
Nancy, Take care of yourself. The body just doesn't work right when fighting off those little bugs that attach themselves to our bodies. Monna
Mary M.
on 2/24/06 10:01 pm - Neverland, CA
Nancy, Great workout as always!!!! Hope you're feeling better. Mare (I like that many of my friends call me that)
Monna W.
on 2/24/06 4:08 am - Susanville, CA
My daughter made me get up to go to the gym this morning. I did 15 minutes on the recumbent bike and 45 minutes circuit weight training. I still can't do my usual on the Gazelle nor can I do the treadmill. I think my heel is better and then I step wrong or something, and it is pain city again. I take a half a Vicodin every other night so I can sleep. Monna
Mary M.
on 2/24/06 10:08 pm - Neverland, CA
Monna, Kudos to your daughter for motivating or being insistant that you go to the gym. What a great support person! The recumbant bike is great, easy on the joints, feet, etc... Awesome workout! Weigh to go! Sorry that you still are in pain, hopefully it will subside soon. Mary
Irene S.
on 2/24/06 4:26 am - NJ
Hi Mary, How should side crunches be done? TIA Irene
Mary M.
on 2/24/06 10:11 pm - Neverland, CA
Irene Side Crunches are basically the same as regular crunches, except the main focus is on the oblique muscles aka love handles. You use the same technique applies, only your crunching to either side of your abs. You should feel the burn of the sides of your abs. I do mine with a 4lb medicine ball either off the floor or on a ball. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views