Wednesday Excercise Challenge

Mary M.
on 2/21/06 1:01 pm - Neverland, CA
Cardio workouts are indispensable to an effective training program and general good health. By definition, cardio workouts can be any exercise--jogging, running, biking, swimming, elliptical machine, stairs, even jumping rope--that raises and maintains your heart rate over a predetermined amount of time. By doing so, you strengthen your heart and lungs and lower your resting heart rate, which means that over time the same effort that produced a 10-minute mile will produce a 9-minute mile. Cardio workouts burn fat. And cardio fitness is what gives you endurance and the ability to persist in sports and in life. The Benefits of Cardio Increases metabolic rate Reduces stress levels Increases blood flow to the brain increasing alertness Improve cholesterol levels Improves digestion Boosts immune-system function So what have you done today? Mary 415/168/147 21 lbs to Personal Goal 12 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
IrishIze
on 2/22/06 2:21 am - NJ
Hi Mary, I'm really busy here at work, but wanted to log my exercise: I did the 2 mile WATP WalkBlaster this morning double time and with extra arm work to build intensity, and I plan tol do the 2 mile WATP for Abs this evening. Have a great day! Hugs, Nancy 280/170/155
Mary M.
on 2/22/06 8:08 am - Neverland, CA
Nancy, I glad that you made time to post today. Awesome on your workout...double time..I am impressed. Mary
Mary M.
on 2/22/06 8:10 am - Neverland, CA
This morning I went ot the gym and did 20 minutes on the eliptical and lower body weights. This afternoon I did my 2.5 mile walk. This evening upper body workout and 1 hr spin class. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views