Tuesday Exercise Challenge

Mary M.
on 2/20/06 11:41 pm - Neverland, CA
To keep your body safe and injury-free, remember to warm-up before physical exercise. Your warm-up should consist of two phases: 1) Progressive aerobic activity. An ideal intensity for an aerobic warm-up has yet to be established. A basic guideline is to work at a level that produces a small amount of perspiration but doesn't leave you feeling fatigued. The duration of the warm-up activity will depend on the intensity of your workout as well as your fitness level. 2) Flexibility exercises. Choosing which warm-up activity to use is as easy as slowing down what you will be doing during your workout. For example, if you will be running, warm up with a slow jog. If you will be cycling outdoors, begin in lower gears. Stretching muscles after warming them up with low-intensity aerobic activity will produce a better stretch because the rise in muscle temperature and circulation makes muscles more pliable. Be sure to choose flexibility exercises that stretch the primary muscles you will be using during your workout. So what have you done today? Mary 415/168/147 21 lbs to Personal Goal 12 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
jewelcrown
on 2/21/06 1:28 am
Hi Mary!!! 1-1/2 hr of water aerobics!!! - DONE!!! 20 minutes of Pilates (just can't get to 30 minutes... it hurts!) Have a great day!!! Love ya!!! Denise 326/221/170 -105 51 lbs to Doctor's Goal!!!
Mary M.
on 2/21/06 5:50 am - Neverland, CA
Dear Denise, Weigh to go......Great Job!!! Mary
IrishIze
on 2/21/06 3:39 am - NJ
Hi Mary, Got up this morning, still sluggish from my sugar binge last night , and forced myself to do my WATP 2 mile WalkBlaster. I did it double-time and used lots of arm raises to build intensity. I have to admit I felt better afterwards. I plan to do the Walk and Kick tape tonight whi*****orporates aerobic walking and kick-boxing.... One of the things I like about Leslie Sansone tapes is that she does use warm-ups, cool downs and stretches.... Hugs, Nancy 280/170/155
Mary M.
on 2/21/06 5:57 am - Neverland, CA
Nancy, Those sugar binges are horrible....I occassionaly dump on sugar and really dump hard on sugar alcohols or large quanties of carbs. You should be so proud of yourself for forging ahead with your excercise plan even though you were feeling sluggish Now that is determination! The reason I love taking a class at the gym, because they all start and end with warm-ups, streches and cool-down. Whe I excercise on my own I always try to remember to start off slow and bring it back down. Mary
Monna W.
on 2/21/06 6:24 am - Susanville, CA
Okay, okay. I'm here and ready to get busy again. Will do 45 minutes with the balance ball this evening. Tomorrow is gym day, thank goodness. Monna
Mary M.
on 2/21/06 8:51 am - Neverland, CA
Monna, Yeah!! You are back on track...the only downside...I was practicing cracking that whip all-day...now I have to put it away. Oh well, at least I got to practice with it.....maybe, I can use it on the kids. Mary
Mary M.
on 2/21/06 8:53 am - Neverland, CA
Today, I did an 1 hr spin class bright and early at 6:00 am. At 3:00 pm went back to the gym and did the eliptical for 35 minutes...have to get ready for support group tonight. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views