Thursday - Excercise Challenge

Mary M.
on 2/15/06 11:30 pm - Neverland, CA
One-Minute Better Body Tricks By Jennifer Matarrazo Work your calves on the stairs. For every three steps you take, stop and do five calf raises (coming up onto the balls of your feet and then lowering heels to just below step height). So what have you done today? Mary 415/168/147 21 lbs to Personal Goal 12 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
IrishIze
on 2/16/06 12:05 am - NJ
Mary - I love these little one minute things!! What I like is that I can stand up right now and do 5 plies or even just raise up and down on the balls of my feet!! It really helps when you have a job where you sit for most of the day!! I did find 30 minutes last night to do the WATP Walk and Kick tape, so I felt better after that. This morning I did the 2 mile WalkBlaster (double time and using more arms) and this evening I plan to do the Walk Strong video with resistance bands. Hugs, Nancy 280/171/155
Mary M.
on 2/16/06 4:41 am - Neverland, CA
I am glad that you like these little tips. You are so awesome, because you are applying them to your daily routine. Since I am a virtual employee I do these little tips during conference calls. However, I sometimes get carried away and start doing crunchs than I am called on to respond to something and I am a bit winded...I know they think that I am . Glad your back to your regiment Mary
Monna W.
on 2/16/06 1:03 am - Susanville, CA
Good Morning, Mary and all, My heel hurts so bad still. Will do some balance ball work tonight and hopefully some yoga. Hopefully in a few days I can get back on the Gazelle. If I had done the one minute thing, I wouldn't be in the fix I am now with my heel. Monna
Mary M.
on 2/16/06 4:48 am - Neverland, CA
Monna, Do what your body allows you to and take time to heal properly. The balalnce ball and yoga are excellent tools. Fitness ball targets your core muscles improving your posture, balance, and core strength. Furthermore, while focusing on core strength it also improves your functional strength. Keep in mind that a strong core also enhances performance of all fitness activities and decreases low back pain and injuries. Another big bonus is that working your core makes you appear taller and whittles your waste a lot faster than other ab exercises. Mary
jewelcrown
on 2/16/06 1:18 am
1 hr of water aerobics .... I'm tired today for some reason ... my intensity level was a little down today... I need to check my vitamin levels... Anyway... have a great day!! Denise
Mary M.
on 2/16/06 4:52 am - Neverland, CA
Denise, Great job in getting your water aerobics completed. How is the pilates coming along? Make sure not only to check your vitamin levels, but make sure that you are getting enough water. Often times I feel tired on days following that I did not get enough water. I try to aim for 80oz of water per day. Hope your energy levels are up tomorrow. Mary
Mary M.
on 2/16/06 2:20 pm - Neverland, CA
This morning I did my usual 2.5 mile walk and then this evening went walking with my boys 3.0 miles. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views