More to lose... 2/16 (Thursday)...

jewelcrown
on 2/15/06 9:29 pm
Good morning, Ladies!! Yesterday was a fair day.... my daughter made grill cheese sandwiches and I ate one... an impulse decision that was worth about 300 calories... Not enough to gain, but enough to stall a loss. I talked with my doctor's nurse yesterday. If I stay within 1000-1200 calories consistently focusing on protein first, the weight will fall off. The body has no choice. The key word was "consistently"... So, here's to my first day of consistency!! Breakfast: Instant Grits Snack: Grilled Chicken Lunch: South Beach - Penne & Chicken Dinner: Tilapia Applesauce Exercise: 1 hr water aerobics Nutrition: Calories 1046 Fat 25 Carbs 85 Protein 122 Have a great day!! Denise
sradcli74
on 2/15/06 10:13 pm
Hey Denise, So your doctor recommended 1000 to 1200 calories....hmmm I think I may try to join you on that. I was off yesterday and lately when I'm off from work, I don't want to think about the computer. I logged my food from yesterday this morning.. I ate a whopping.....1700!!!!!!!!!! calories yesterday. It was the nuts that got me. I took Alexis to the doctor and didn't bring a snack with me. We sat there 2 hours waiting to see the doctor, turns out the doctor wasn't even there!!!! Needless to say, on the way out of the building I stopped in the pharmacy and it was either chips or nuts, I chose the nuts, thinking at least I'd get protein and not just empt calories --- 3oz total about 500 calories. I can't explain my obsession with nuts. My goal is to stay away from the nuts. The good news is that the scale is still consistent. I did get some exercise in (walking and shopping counts) and got some cute things on clearance. I also stopped in to learn some of Victoria's Secrets. She told me that if I wear hipsters, it will camoflauge the little pouch on my stomach (i beleive the correct term is pannini - don't know if i spelled that right). Anyway ladies she was right!!! They are so cute and flattering. Just thought I'd share that piece of information. Oh and by the way they were on sale 5/$25. So cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today I am doing something a little different. I'm going to do two protein drinks and fruits and veggies and a sensible dinner with a planned sweet snack for this evening. My carbs seem to be a little high, but a portion of that is fiber, so I'm ok with it. Breakfast Turkey Sausage Toast Protein Smoothie Lunch Corn w/ Cheese Fruit Salad Protein Smoothie Yogurt Dinner Orange Beef (I cooked too much and didn't eat any yesterday) 2 South Beach Chocolate Chip Cookies Orange Totals Calories 1001 Fat 23 Carbs 104 Protein 103 Have a great day! Teah
jewelcrown
on 2/15/06 11:01 pm
Hey Teah!! Hipster... I think I'll look into that!! Peanuts are definitely a better choice than chips.... Pat on the back to you for making the choice.. Back in the day, I would have had both!!!! We can do this!!! Denise
Monna W.
on 2/16/06 12:51 am - Susanville, CA
Teah, I usually have been getting around 100 grams of carbs per day and have continued to lose. I do not eat any refined carbs and I think that makes the difference. Even if I have spaghetti, it is whole wheat pasta. Besides being better for me, whole grains taste better. Keep up the good work. Monna
IrishIze
on 2/15/06 10:15 pm - NJ
Hi everyone!! Yesterday I ate pretty low, but the damage was done on Valentine's Day - I weighed this morning and of course gained a pound... Why, why, why do I do this to myself?? Why, why, why is it so hard to lose a pound and so easy to gain??? Anyway, I'm going to do the semi-liquid again today, and hopefully get rid of that mean old pound. Now I'm really on a quest for the 160's. Sunday is my birthday and the whole family is getting together at a restaurant, so I'm going to try and be extra good. I've checked out the menu and I'm planning on a shrimp ****tail and a grilled chicken salad... Here's my plan for today: B: Carb Countdown chocolate milk with Unjury L: Carb Countdown chocolate milk with Unjury D: Chicken breast on a green salad with SF dressing Will have some Unjury with lemonade to up the protein Snacks (if necessary) WW Flakes and Fiber cereal Carb Fix Pretzels Totals: Calories: 662 Carbs: 21 Protein: 93 Water - doing pretty well with it - drinking as much as I can!! Exercise: I did the WATP 2 mile Walk Blaster this morning, and I'll do the Walk Strong this evening. Hugs, Nancy 280/171 /155
jewelcrown
on 2/16/06 1:13 am
Happy early birthday!! Kudos to you for making a plan for that day!! Special occasions can be really tough!!!! We will do this! Denise
Monna W.
on 2/16/06 12:59 am - Susanville, CA
Marning Ladies, I am at least feeling human this morning. Here we go again. I gained 3 pounds during my illness--you'd think eating tomato soup and not much else I would lose. But the soup is rather high in sodium so I assume most of it is fluid retention. We will see. My foot still is killing me--had to get up in the night and take a Vicodin so I could sleep. Her is today's plan. Breakfast Double scoop of Cappucino protein drink banana Lunch Lean Cuisine Salisbuy steak with macaroni and cheese Dinner (I have to teach a quilting class tonight so will get home late) Protein Bar Snack string cheese pistachios tangerine SF popsicle Totals Calories: 1098 Fat: 37 Carbs: 103 Protein: 105 Hope to feel up to doing some balance ball exercises or yoga this evening. It is good to be back. Monna
jewelcrown
on 2/16/06 1:16 am
Hey Monna! Welcome back to the land of the living!!! Be sure and pace yourself getting back on track... I know about that foot thing... it's no joke. Take it easy!!! Have a great day!!! Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views