I'm here

Monna W.
on 2/15/06 12:02 pm - Susanville, CA
Hi Buddies, Sorry I have been missing in action. Today is the first day I have been online since last Friday. I had a bad cold and Friday thought I had it just about licked. Maybe I did the cold, but I either got another or a touch of the flu. Been feeling miserable. I can't take anything for congestion because of my pulmonary hypertension. Can't take ibuprofen for fever because of the WLS and I am on blood thinners. Can't take acetaminophen because of liver damage related to years of Tylenol overuse. Can't use Vicks on my chest because it blisters my skin. Can't take echinechea (can't spell either) since surgery because it makes me so sick to my stomach. So I use Vitamin C, vaporizer, normal saline nose spray, and pray. Now that you have heard my tale of woe, I have to get back on track. Was just getting a good exercise regimen going, and then had problems because of my foot, then the cold. Looks like I will be starting back at pretty much zero point again. I have not been tracking my food, just praying that it will take care of itself. My husband did get me the Kinetic program for PS2. I haven't been able to take advantage of it, but my 8 year old grandson loves it. Then today, my daughter got me a yoga DVD so I can work on stretching. I hope to be back in service tomorrow and posting regularly. I really need it. I think I have gained some weight--seem to be retaining fluid. Haven't weighed, but I have the feeling I get when I am retaining. Guess it was too much tomato soup. I missed you guys. Thanks for missing me. I need you all so much. Monna
Mary M.
on 2/15/06 12:15 pm - Neverland, CA
Monna, Yeah, you are back . Sorry to hear that you had the flu, hopefully with some added rest your foot is feeling a little bit better. I missed you sooooooooo much! You have all these new tools for your excercise regime...you are a lucky gal. & Mary
IrishIze
on 2/15/06 8:52 pm - NJ
Monna, my dear!! I'm glad everything is ok, but sorry to hear you were under the weather. Sometimes when we're sick we just need to go off and find ourselves a quiet corner and lick our wounds..... I'm happy to hear you're on the upswing - take it slow - not too much at once. Maybe start with some stretches and low impact stuff, you don't wan't to over do it. Give it time and you'll be right back where you were. If you gained a couple of pounds, don't worry, you'll get them off. Hugs and an extra squeeze to help you feel better!! Nancy 280/171/155
jewelcrown
on 2/15/06 9:14 pm
Hey Monna! Glad you're on the upswing of feeling better... We missed you a lot!!! You're so inspirational.... Take it easy and feel better soon!!! Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views