Tuesday - Excercise Challenge

Mary M.
on 2/13/06 11:31 pm - Neverland, CA
Another One-Minute Better Body Trick by Jennifer Matarrazo Sculpt while you chat. "When you're stuck talking on the phone, stand with your feet in a V -- heels together, toes apart -- and plié," says Siler. "Lower hips until your knees are just past your toes. Focus on squeezing your inner thighs together as you rise up again." Do 20 slow pliés. On the last one, stay in the bent-knee position and lift and lower your heels eight to 15 times to target your calves. Still on the line? Do another two sets and soon your sexy legs will be the topic of conversation! So what have you done today? Mary 415/168/147 21 lbs to Personal Goal 12 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
IrishIze
on 2/14/06 12:53 am - NJ
OK, everyone - hang onto your hats - I finally got my tapes... Last night I did the Walk and Kick and it was a great workout!! It was the regular walk away the pounds stuff, then it added in some kickboxing stuff - wow, I felt great and it went by in a snap!! This morning I did the other new one, the Walk Strong tape. This one you have to use a resistance band and again, it's the regular WATP stuff but then it incorporates lunges and squats and upper body toning with the resistance belt. (I'm getting better at the squats, but the lunges are difficult with my knee problems). I think from now on I'll do that tape in the evening because it really was kind of hard. I'm glad I got the tapes, it really gives me a good variety of workouts so I don't get bored. I'll probably do the Walk and Kick again tonight or maybe the WalkBlaster. ....oh, and a few pliés too!! Hugs, Nancy 280/170/155
Mary M.
on 2/14/06 2:05 pm - Neverland, CA
Nancy, YEAH!!!! I am so happy that you got your tapes and are enjoying your workouts even more. Variety is the spice of life. Both sound really interesting. Mary
jewelcrown
on 2/14/06 1:41 am
Plie?? Not sure my knees could handle this.... The thought of a one-minute exercise is a good thought... there are probably substitutes I could think of... I've done my usual - 1 hr of water aerobics. I'm shooting for 20 minutes of pilates before the day ends. Thanks for posting these ... they are very inspirational! Have a great day!! Denise 326/223/170 -103 53 lbs to go to Doctors Goal!
Mary M.
on 2/14/06 2:08 pm - Neverland, CA
Denise Glad you enjoyed the tip as it gave you food for thought on how to modify or become innovative in a minute. I will be sharing even more one minute excercise tips in the days to come. It's a bummer when having joint problems, however, tha****er aerobics is a great solution. :tumbsup: Mary
Mary M.
on 2/14/06 2:13 pm - Neverland, CA
Todays workout included an early morning walk to the bakery to purchase fresh baked goodies for my darling children. During lunch break I went off to the gym 20 min. eliptical and 15 min. treadmill. Before dinner my boys and I went on a 2.5 mile walk at the beach. Mary 415/168/147 21 lbs to Personal Goal 12 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views