Cooking w/Protein powders??

SameButDifferent
on 2/12/06 12:27 am - NY, NY
I wonder if anyone knows of a protein powder that SAYS it is ok to cook with or use with hot liquids. I had been putting vanilla powder in hot tea with milk and really LOVING IT! But now I am afraid that doing that has not given me all the protein I thought it was. I was told by 2 different companies I called that make protein powders I use and asked them since the tub says to use cold water or milk, I wondered if is ok to use hot. They said NO. Using hot would change the molecular structure blah blah blah.... So I dunno.. but if anyone knows of a protein powder that SAYS it can be used for cooking, I would be thrilled to have its name! The GNC vanilla protein powder blends totally disolving into the tea and adds a great flavor. I am bummed- hot decaf tea has become the nectar of the Gods since surgery so getting that in is easy- Plus it isnt heavy like shakes with milk..its just tea- you dont even notice the protein taste and best of all for me is it's not so thick and heavy which was especially great early post-op!!!! Margie Duodenal Switch 7/27/04 349/164/149??
IrishIze
on 2/12/06 12:45 am - NJ
You can use Unjury in warm liquids, but not boiling liquids. On the canister it says: "Do not heat the beverage or soup above 130 degrees F". Check out their website at unjury.com. Good luck, Nancy 280/170/155
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views