Thursday-July Babies Excercise Challenge

Mary M.
on 2/8/06 10:35 pm - Neverland, CA
Incorporate a walking routine to increase metabolism at least three to four times a week. Walk 30 to 40 minutes each time. This is the best way to increase your metabolism. Incorporate a walking routine to increase metabolism at least three to four times a week. Walk 30 to 40 minutes each time. This is the best way to increase your metabolism. So what have you done today? Mary 415/168/147 21 lbs to Personal Goal 12 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
IrishIze
on 2/9/06 2:49 am - NJ
I love walking and can't wait until the weather is nicer so I can do some of it outside. I love to take a walk mid-day instead of sitting at my desk all day...hopefully spring is right around the corner!! I did the 2 mile WATP WalkBlaster this morning - doesn't look like I'll get my new tapes today, so I'll do one of the other this evening. Hugs, Nancy 280/172/155
Mary M.
on 2/9/06 11:43 pm - Neverland, CA
Nancy, One of the advantages of living in Southern California is that I can walk outdoors regardless of the season. Although, since the surgery I am cold even when its 90 outside. I grew up living in the midwest (outside of Chicago) and when I visit in the spring and fall I love taking all the nature walks and enjoy the brisk morning air. Mary
Monna W.
on 2/9/06 4:36 am - Susanville, CA
My foot is still giving me fits. So this evening I will use the exercise ball for cardio and strengthening. Total of 60 minutes. I don't feel it is as effective as walking or doing the Gazelle, but at least I am doing something. Tomorrow is gym day . There is no instructor available on Tuesdays and Thursdays so the gym is not open (this is a very small junior college). Guess I will have to break down and buy a membership at one of the local gyms. It looks like spring here--sunshine and clear skies--but it is so cold. I stay cold all the time anyway since surgery. Hope we have an early spring so I can get out on the trails to prepare for the run (I walk) in May. Monna
Mary M.
on 2/9/06 11:51 pm - Neverland, CA
Monna, You are terrific and yes it sure look like getting a gym membership will be value added. Look for one in your area that has a pool for added benefits. I know that when I get out of my routine due to cir****tances: vacation, business travel, etc... that even though I find a method or mode of exercise I never feel like it was good enough. We are creatures of habit. As long as you are moving, you will continue to increase your metabolism, the weight training will increase you lean muscle mass and in the end you will be burning more calories while resting. Mary
Mary M.
on 2/9/06 11:38 pm - Neverland, CA
Thursdays workout: 2.5 mile morning walk. Evening excercise included 40 minutes of Salsa and 1 hr of pilates. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views