Lets do an official Check in!!!! PLEASE.....

Tara118
on 2/7/06 10:30 am - Trenton, OH
I miss our Sunday check ins. I love this group so much and I come here and read but hardly ever post. I have seen some old and new faces lately so lets ALL check in. Where ever you are in your journey tell us where you are and what you need from others. I LOVE all this support I am seeing daily. It's awesome!!! I am at goal and soooo happy. I am working to maintain this weight. I am happy to say I have helped a few people in their journey and have encouraged and given advise to those looking into surgery. 3 months after surgery I seperated from my husband. Almost 18 months later I have officially stated dating someone. I have dated a few times but this one got past the first date!! I hope we can continue to post and keep each other updated. You all are a major part of my journey and I don't want to loose you. Tara 305/155 -150
jewelcrown
on 2/7/06 9:20 pm
Hi Tara: Congratulations on your weight loss and love life!! I haven't dated in soooooo long... I wouldn't know how to do it! It's been at least 10 years.... Well, I started at 326 and am now 224 (and holding). I need to lose 52 more lbs., which I will do with the help and support of the July Babies! I too miss the Sunday weigh ins... I hope folks at goal and working to maintain will continue to post and encourage us all to keep going!! Have a great day!! Denise
IrishIze
on 2/7/06 9:40 pm - NJ
Hi Tara - wow, look at you - at goal!! Congratulations to you! I have about 19 more to go until I reach my goal. I start on my journey, then find myself walking backwards sometimes!! I find posting here daily is a huge help to me. I really need the support and it helps me keep myself in check a lot better than floundering around on my own. I'm like Denise - I haven't dated since my divorce 17 years ago!! I devoted all my time and energy to work and raising my sons and wow, how time flies!! I'm so set in my ways now that I KNOW I would never get married or even live with someone. It would be nice to have someone to go to a movie with or have a companion for going to weddings, etc., but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it! I hope we'll see more of you here Tara - I miss your face!! Maybe you can let us know what it's like trying to maintain.... Hugs, Nancy 280/174/155 I
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/06 9:45 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I'm around, just don't post much. I never really have anything to say, I suppose. I started at 352, and would EVENTUALLY like to see 150, even if it takes plastic surgery (and removal of skin) to get there. Right now, I am 222 on a good day, and am working toward 199 so that by late summer, I can work on having another child (which my husband and I agreed that I need to be under 200 for that because I regret not having a baby belly with my daughter). It seems nearly impossible that I can drop another 23 lbs in my life, let alone by summer. I have good food days, bad food days. And sometimes I actually exercise. Maybe today. Pamela 352/222/150
Mary M.
on 2/7/06 10:27 pm - Neverland, CA
Tara, Yes, I was missing Spyder and a weekly weigh-ins. I then noticed that Denise was spear heading a daily post for food planning and then I decided that an excercise challenge might be value added. Join us when you can. I find inspiration and support amoungst my July Sisters. Congrats to your success on your weightloss and that you are dating. You have accomplished much. I divorced 9 years ago, not into the dating scene. I am a very busy single mother of 3 (raising a beautiful daughter and 2 handsome sons), working fulltime, and I am doing my graduate (should be done in August ). All extra time is spent excercising. I figure if the good Lord has someone wonderful planned for me, he will let me know. Keep in touch, Mary 415/168/147 21 lbs to Personal Goal 12 lbs below Doctors Goal
Deejay
on 2/8/06 2:21 am - Sparks, NV
Hi Tara, I'm here! I'm recovering from a big round of plastics. I had a breast lift with implants, a full tummy tuck w/mons lift, inner thigh lift and lipo to the outer hips, inner thighs and knee area. I'll be 3 weeks post op tomorrow and its been pretty tough. The thigh lift and lipo were a killer! If it weren't for those I'd be up and around pretty well by now but I'm not. I'm getting there though and every day gets better then the last. I'm below goal now at 147 (goal was 150) and I'm still swollen alot from surgery so I'm anticipating a few more pounds off. I'm also going back to work after recovery. I've been home with my triplets going on 5 years now and I'm soooo ready to get out of the house! I'm going to start applying at the end of this month! Can't wait! Life sure changes! I'm happy for you that your dating and congrats on making goal!! Thanks for the post, its nice to read up on everyone. Deejay 262/147 below goal 20 days post Plastics!
Monna W.
on 2/8/06 2:28 am - Susanville, CA
Tara, So glad to hear about your life as a slender person. I went through a long period of not losing and the Denise started the More to Lose thread and I have lost 15 lbs. as of this morning. The daily posting helps keep me on track. Mary's great exercise challenge thread has been a real inspiration. I know I would not be doing this well without the support of all of you. I hope to reach my goal by next January. (Actually, I hope sooner, but my official goal is Jan). I have lost 166 lbs. and feel like a new person. I am doing things that I just couldn't do a few years ago. My family is very supportive and they always have been. They all are eating healthier because of my changed dietary habits and needs. Good to hear from you. Hope a lot more start logging at least weekly. Monna
us2bfat C.
on 2/8/06 7:19 pm - selden, NY
hi tara nothing new to post here i have been the same weight since 9 months out so i ve been maintaining for10 months now.... life is good ....and might i add you looook wonderful woooo hooooo... Stacy
GailD
on 2/11/06 9:08 am - Racine, WI
Hi Tara! It's so good to see you and to hear that you've reached your goal and you are maintaining. Congrats on your new relationship! Life is good! I reached my "goal" at 1 year and have been maintaining ever since with very little problem. I'm REALLY PARANOID about gaining weight...that's always been the norm for me...lose the weight and then immediately put it back on! I'm hoping I can change my eating habits for good and maintain this for my lifetime. I'm only sorry that I didn't have the surgery done until I was 50...it would've been so much fun to be thin when I was younger! Oh well! I'm a happy old broad! Right now I'm struggling with what exercise program is best for me. At first I was doing Curves and bellydancing, then switched to Jazzercize and weight training, then went back to Curves. Now I've realized that Curves is not a good enough workout for me, so I've started doing "Core Secrets" at home (weights and exercise ball) and Walk Away the Pounds (Nancy does this one, too!) and we bought a recumbent exercise bike that's a killer! I'm also thinking about re-joining Jazzercize...but it's hard for me to get to the classes at night. I just can't seem to find a routine. Is anyone else having that problem? I'm going to see a plastic surgeon at the end of the month -- I could use a tummy tuck and hoist "the girls" back up where they belong...but I can't afford to pay on my own -- don't know if my insurance will pick up any of it. Do you need any PS? I haven't been posting here too much, but I check-in a couple times a week to see how everyone's doing. Thanks for doing an "official check-in", Tara! It's fun to see what everyone's up to! Gail D. 252/134 AT GOAL AND MAINTAINING!
Tanja Y
on 2/11/06 2:09 pm - Wahiawa, HI
Havn't been posting alot, not much to say. Been yo-yoing between 240 and 237 for a couple of weeks now. We moved to Hawaii (dh is military) and are enjoying the totally different lifestyle then we had before. I have to fight now for every pound lost, no more just waking up and 3 pounds gone. I may not exercise exercise daily, but I am a whole lot more active then I ever was; even before I gained all the weight. I got a gazelle for Christmas and have used it; but not as much as I probably should be. Plus we take lots of walks on the beach and we got a puppy I have to take out and walk daily, so I'm not sitting on the couch.......but not going to the gym daily like I did before we moved. Currenly I am below my surgeons goal, but have 63 more pounds to lose to reach my personal goal. Part of that I'm sure will be taken off when I have PS. ~Tanja 448/237/148
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views