Complications 18mos. out??

afcmtvrd
on 2/6/06 12:34 am - Circle Pines, MN
Good Morning friends, I needed to post and ask if any of you have exprienced new complications this far out?? I have been extremely lucky thus far with virtually no complications to speak of, however recently I have had trouble with blockages up in my stoma area any time I eat...I have severe pain, and the need to vomit up anything and everything lately. I am going to call my DR today and see what he has to say, but wanted to hear from all the the July 2004 babies too. Any ideas?? thoughts?? info?? Please let me know if you have had these symptoms this far out. Thanks much!!
sradcli74
on 2/6/06 12:52 am
Hi Cindy, I hope that everything is ok. Please keep us informed. Take Care, Teah
afcmtvrd
on 2/6/06 1:30 am - Circle Pines, MN
thanks Teah, just waiting to hear from the DR. so find out my next step.
IrishIze
on 2/6/06 3:30 am - NJ
Cindy, are you eating anything different from usual? I normally don't have problems, but if I eat too many starchy foods, my pouch gets very irritable and even foods that are normally fine seems to get stuck. I can't eat rice at all - messes me up royally. Hope doc can figure it out and your feeling better real soon! Hugs, Nancy
afcmtvrd
on 2/6/06 3:41 am - Circle Pines, MN
Hi Nancy and thanks for the reply. No, I'm not eating anything different. It may be that I am eating too fast, and not chewing enough. I am finding that I can eat more in quanity and also more in variety, so I think I need to constantly remind myself to stop and slow down. Yet, I think I need to contact my DR to make sure there isn't a physical reason for all of the blockages. I am just wondering if I did something to my stoma to cause this???
hutch
on 2/6/06 12:40 pm - nashua, NH
Hi cindy I almst always get sick after I eat.I do think that I eat to fast.I saw Dr D and that is what we came up with.I still find myself eating to fast.I am more careful when I eat now. Kara
Lalocaweta
on 2/6/06 11:49 am - Spicewood, TX
I have periodically - since having surgery - had nausea and pain....I Just came to accept it as part of the gig with the new pouch. I did not accept it though until surgeon ruled out any "serious" problems. I know that the days I am in a rush and I eat too fast - it is almost always going to happen and happen for a couple of days - almost as if my pouch is "tender" for the event and is healing. The other thing - is remember we can feel nauseated and have pains that are NOT related to our wls....The Flu, a stomach virus, etc. Anne 263/150/129
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views