Help! PS and Ins...

T R.
on 1/31/06 10:45 pm
Hey gang... I have a question for you all that have had PS. I am in a pickle, I am torn between the choice of two jobs. One has Cigna HMO and the other job offers Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO. I had BC/BS PPO with my WLS, and they paid it 100%, I know that won't happen with PS, but I was wondering if anyone here have had any dealings with trying to get either of these insurance companies to cover your PS in partial or full. Did you actually get coverage? Both jobs are equally good, I just want to choose the one with the best possibility for me to have my PS. I now have a small navel hernia, not a problem yet, but it may help me when the time comes to have PS, insurance might cover at least the hernia/anesthesia costs. Any help here would be much appreciated. Thanks!! Tami 275/163/145
Deejay
on 2/1/06 5:17 am - Sparks, NV
Hi Tami, I've had Cigna HMO for a few years now. They covered my WLS 100% but it took a year and a half fight and legal action to get them to comply. However they covered a panniculectomy for me with one submittal and 2 pics from my surgeon and was approved in less then 2 weeks. I don't know why it was opposite like that but at least they cover stuff. I didnt submit for anything but the tummy so I don't know about other procedures. Good luck!! Deejay 262/150 at goal 13 days post plastics.
IrishIze
on 2/1/06 10:33 pm - NJ
Deejay - how bad was your panni? I'd love a TT, but my hanging skin isn't as bad as some I've seen. I have Aetna, who did have strict procedures for approval, but I got approved on first try. What I'd really love is a boob lift along with the TT.... Hugs, Nancy 280/172/155
Deejay
on 2/2/06 7:52 am - Sparks, NV
Hey Nancy, my panni was bad but I've seen worse. It hung over the top half of my pubic area. I will email you a pic if you want and an after pic too, send me your email addy and I'll send you the pics. Deejay
IrishIze
on 2/2/06 10:10 pm - NJ
Thanks Deejay - I sent you an email.....
T R.
on 2/2/06 1:05 am
Woohoo!! I hope its that easy on my end. I want to have a TT and a lift with implants, not sure about the inner thigh thing.. that sounds like it would be the worst pain ever. But who knows.. I never thought I would be thinking PS at all. I am so glad to see you back on here posting.. I bet you will be thrilled with your results. Take care and keep us posted. ((HUGS)) Tami 275/163/145
on my W.
on 2/1/06 7:53 am - Canada
This is for Deejay but what did your proceedures cost. The TT was paid for but you had other stuff too? I am curious about cost. thanks...Karen
Deejay
on 2/2/06 7:51 am - Sparks, NV
Hi Karen, my TT wasn't fully covered, insurance covered JUST a panniculectomy (panni removal only) I paid the extra to have the abdominoplasty with sculpting and muscle tightening. I also had a breast lift with implants, an inner thigh lift and lots of lipo to the outer hips and inner thighs. My total cost was $22,000 and I don't know how much insurance is paying me back for their portion of the panni removal. The PS bills them for the cost of just that and they are reimbursing me. My cost included everything, hospital stay, anesthesia, post op appts, compression garment, everything.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views