July Babies Excercise Challenge

Mary M.
on 1/30/06 10:50 pm - Neverland, CA
Avoid muscle loss According to the American College of Sports Medicine (ASCM), your lean muscle mass may decrease by nearly 50 percent between the ages of 20 and 90. If you don't do anything to replace that loss, you're losing muscle and increasing fat. Weight training can help preserve and enhance your muscle mass. This enhanced muscle mass offers several health benefits: Your body can work harder and longer before you get tired. You can reverse the declines in strength, bone density and muscle mass that accompany aging. You can maintain the flexibility of your joints. You can better manage your weight, when combined with a healthy diet. You can stay strong as you age, which helps you do routine tasks and remain independent. Aerobic exercises such as running, walking and bicycling strengthen your heart -- also a muscle -- by forcing it to adapt to the stress of exercise in a positive way. Similarly, weight training, done properly, challenges your other muscles by forcing them to adapt to the stress of the weights and become stronger. So what have you found time today? Mary 415/169/147 22 lbs to Personal Goal 11 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
IrishIze
on 1/31/06 5:14 am - NJ
I'm here with my usual! I did the 2 mile WATP WalkBlaster this morning. I'll do the 2 mile WATP High Calorie Burn for Abs with resistance bands this evening! Hugs, Nancy 280/172/155
Mary M.
on 1/31/06 11:58 am - Neverland, CA
Nancy, Great job as always! You are consistant and it will payoff in the end. Mary 415/169/147 22 lbs to personal goal 11 lbs below doctors' goal
jewelcrown
on 1/31/06 7:19 am
1 hr 15 minutes -- water aerobics .. DONE! contemplating 30 minutes of pilates... just can't seem to do more than 20 minutes.... I'M SOAR!! Denise 326/224/170 -102 54 stubborn points to go to Doctor's Goal.... Personal goal ... maintain doctor's goal if ever reached!!
Mary M.
on 1/31/06 12:01 pm - Neverland, CA
Denise, I think of you as the little that could....you will get those 54 lbs off to reach Doctors Goal and you will maintain as you worked so hard the last leg of your journey. No don't forget to strech during the day. Mary 415/169/147 22 lbs to personal goal 11 lbs below doctors' goal
Mary M.
on 1/31/06 12:03 pm - Neverland, CA
Today I took a 2.5 mile walk - 110 avg HR and 1 hr spin class 125 avg HR. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits