Hello All

MikeB
on 1/30/06 1:43 am - Pottstown, PA
Hello to all of the July 2004 Surgery people. My name is MIke and I had My surgery on July 6/2004 at the Barix Clinic in Langhorne Pa. Todat I have lost a total of 303lbs and I have my Tummy tuck Schedualed for March 27/2006. I was just wondering how others are doing and How your journeys have been so far? Also if there is anything that you are doing now that you couldn't picture yourself doing before. For instance I'm current training for a half marathon in September. Mike Start wt 534lbs Current wt 231lbs
jewelcrown
on 1/30/06 3:34 am
Hi Mike!! Congratulations on your success... WOW!!! We had our surgery on the same day.... It does seem like it was almost 2 years ago... Time sure does fly... I started at 326 and am now 224... I've more to go... and I'll get there. I exercise every morning at 5:00 am.... I could never imagine myself forfeiting sleep to exercise. Pre-surgery it would have been AGAINST NATURE to get me out of bed at 4:30 am to go exercise!!! It's become a habit, and I enjoy it... Back in 2001 I took my daughter to Disneyworld... It was a really tough trip. At 326 I couldn't fit any of the rides... I'm taking my daugher to Disneyworld in March this year and I am looking forward to fitting on the rides (although I'm not to anxious about riding the rides!) Have a great day, my surgery twin! Denise 326/224/170 -102 54 stubborn lbs to go to Doctor's goal...
Monna W.
on 1/30/06 4:54 am - Susanville, CA
Mike, What a great success story. Please post some pictures on your profile. You, Denise, and I are surgery twins. How wonderful my life is now. I started at 389 and now am at 225. I hope to make it to the 150's. Had 6 months where I did not lose at all related to some medication I was taking. Am off it now, and losing again. I am no longer diabetic, have gone from 13 prescription meds to 4, am off oxygen. Last spring I walked in a 2 mile race and completed in less time than I expected. I can play on the floor with my grandchildren. I am taking a condtioning class at the local junior college. I look in the mirror and see a person and not a blob. I am so thankful I had this surgery. I will probably never afford a panniculectomy and I am not having medical problems related to it, so I guess I will just have flabby skin. Again, congratulations on your wonderful success. Monna
LDavidson
on 1/30/06 5:20 am - Bremerton, WA
Hi Mike! Congrats on you success! I too had surgery on July 6th of 2004. I started at 381 and am now at 246. I go up and down about 8lbs and am working on really watching what goes in my mouth to lose more! My journey has been enjoyable. I love being able to go places and feel comfortable about myself. I don't feel like I am always the biggest person there or worry about whether or not the seat is big enough and will it break! I excercise now and never would have done that before. I love getting out and about instead of sitting at home thinking about when I can nap. I am definately more active now, never would have thought that would happen. Lisa 381/246/???
Traci K.
on 1/30/06 9:27 pm - Sullivan, MO
Hi Mike and congrats to you!!! I had surgery on 7/27/04. I'm at goal and have lost 107 lbs. I had planned on some plastics and am now waivering on having it done. I could use it on my tummy, but hate the thought of spending all that cash. So not sure what I'll do yet. Traci 250/143ish
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views