July Babies Excercise Challenge

Mary M.
on 1/30/06 12:10 am - Neverland, CA
When it comes to exercise, the most common mistake is starting a fitness program at too high an intensity and progressing too quickly. Starting too quickly may cause burnout or injury. It's better to progress slowly than to push too hard and be forced to abandon your program. One way to avoid these problems is to broaden your definition of physical activity. Think beyond just working out at the gym for 40 minutes or running several miles. Remember: Everyday activities such as walking the dog, biking to the store or taking the stairs at work promote health, too. Doing something daily is what counts! So what have you found time today? Mary 415/170/147 23 lbs to Personal Goal 10 lbs below Doctors Goal In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
jewelcrown
on 1/30/06 1:38 am
1 hr water aerobics 30 minutes Pliates.... Although I'm still sore from the 20 minutes of Pilates from yesterday... I guess that's a good thing! Have a great day!! Denise 326/224/170 54 lbs from doctor's goal If I ever make doctor's goal, may consider going lower... first things first!
Mary M.
on 1/30/06 2:26 am - Neverland, CA
Denise, Great workout. So how do you like your Supreme Pilates? By the way, I have complete faith in you that you will reach doctors goal! Mary
jewelcrown
on 1/30/06 3:26 am
Hey thanks, Mary!! You've been an inspiration... I'm in awe at how far you have come!!! You go girlfriend!!! AWESOME. I like the Pilates machine although, I struggle with some of the floor exercises... getting up and down to switch exercises is a bit of a challenge. I'm guessing the more weight I lose, the less of a challenge it will be. Check out their website: http://www.supremepilates.com/ Have a great day!! Denise
IrishIze
on 1/30/06 3:40 am - NJ
Hi Mary! I did my usual WATP 2 mile WalkBlaster this morning, and just got back from a 30 minute walk outside. It's nearly 60 degrees here in the NJ area, so I just had to take advantage of Mother Nature's gift!!! I don't know if I'll do another 30 tonight - I'm a little pressed for time - I've got some errands to run. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for doing this thread!! Hugs, Nancy 280/171/155
Monna W.
on 1/30/06 4:45 am - Susanville, CA
Hey, Nancy, Another pound down I see. Bravo Just 16 more to go for you. You deserve it. Monna
Mary M.
on 1/30/06 1:15 pm - Neverland, CA
Nancy Awesome! Don't you just love it when mother nature gives you such a gift. I grew up in Chicago and I remember those winters. Now, I am so spoiled when the temp falls below 70 I whine! Congrats on getting closer to your goal! I am doing the happy for you! Mary 415/170/147 10 below docs goal 23 to personal goal
Monna W.
on 1/30/06 4:47 am - Susanville, CA
Exercising Buddies, I am able to do my routine at a higher intensity. I think I will be ready for the bicycle when spring gets here. Also, completing the Paiute Meadow walk in less than 30 minutes is my goal for the end of May. I hope to be able to run again someday. Walked on the treadmill at the gym for 15 minutes (was able to increase speed to 2.8 mph from 2 mph) and then an hour of weight training. The instructor gave me some great abdominal exercises to help improve my core strength. Will do 60 on the Gazelle this evening. I really like my class at the college. I think when the semester is over, I may actually join a gym. Monna
Mary M.
on 1/30/06 1:12 pm - Neverland, CA
Monna, You are awesome! Weight training can be very addictive...I love it! I have entered my first ever 5K for this upcoming weekend. Mary
Mary M.
on 1/30/06 1:17 pm - Neverland, CA
My workout today: 1 hr weight-lifting class 1 hr spin class - 131 avg. HR Mary 415/170/147 23 lbs to Personal Goal 10 lbs below Doctors Goal
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views