July Babies Excercise Challenge

Mary M.
on 1/26/06 11:29 pm - Neverland, CA
Some tips on Walking. Walking Off Weight: Walking at a moderate pace for 30-60 minutes burns stored fat and can build muscle to speed up your metabolism. Walking an hour a day is also associated with cutting your risk of heart disease, breast cancer, colon cancer, diabetes and stroke. Walk More: Your walking program should build up progressively, increasing your total mileage by no more than 10% a week in order to avoid injury. Look at your walking progress and increase your mileage according to that schedule. As you lose weight, you burn fewer calories per mile, so in order to have the same calories burned, you will need to steadily increase the distance that you walk. How many steps do you take per day? How many should you take? 6000 Pedometer Steps for Health Rob Sweetgall of Creative Walking, Inc. points to the Harvard Alumni Study that showed walking even 1 mile a day reduced death rates. The most benefit came at approximately 6000 steps per day. For most people, that is the equivalent of walking for an hour a day. These can be accumulated steps throughout the day rather than one long walk. 10,000 Steps for Weight Management: Many people already get in 3000 or more steps just with daily activity, and are still gaining unwanted weight. To burn off extra calories for weight loss, walk 10,000 steps per day most days of the week. So what did you do today? Mary In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
IrishIze
on 1/27/06 12:23 am - NJ
Good morning Mary! This morning I did the 30 minute, 2 mile WATP for Abs with resistance bands. I'll probably do another 30 minute walk or jog this evening. Hugs, Nancy 280/172/155 - 17 to go!!
Monna W.
on 1/27/06 3:18 am - Susanville, CA
Nancy, Forgot to say this on the other thread-- Congratulations on your continuing loss. :dancd: Monna
jewelcrown
on 1/27/06 1:15 am
1 hr of water aerobics... for some reason my body was tired... so didn't push beyond an hour today... Happy Friday!!! Denise
Monna W.
on 1/27/06 3:21 am - Susanville, CA
I did get my hour on the Gazelle last night, but only 20 minutes with the exercise ball. Tonight I will do 1 hour on the Gazelle and aim for 30 minutes on the exercise ball. Told my husband I would really like the PS2 Kinetic with Eye Toy. Maybe I can get it in February. I think it is something I could use. Besides, I like gadgets. Monna
Mary M.
on 1/27/06 1:09 pm - Neverland, CA
I have had so much homework today, plus my regular items that need to be tended to like making supper for my darling children. So I am off to the gym in a few minutes for some cardio, maybe some weightlifting or a dip in the pool. I will let the spirit move me this evening. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views