surgery complete, baby here...OMG....

deeno
on 1/26/06 7:14 pm - Kokomo, IN
Hi July Family I don't even know where to begin. My adoption went through just fine, and our baby is home to stay. I need to be vague on details for our annonymity, so let me just say that everything is perfect, and the baby is beautiful. My surgery went off just fine....eight days after bringing a newborn home! On a scale of 1 to ten, my arm pain is a 0--really! I thought my arms would hurth the most, and they don't hurt at all. It just feels like I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt with the sleeves pushed up (bandages). My thighs feel bruised, and they are swollen--like overstuffed sausages. The pain is around a 1 or 2. Mostly just sore, and icing them helps. Now, the abdomen....pain waivers from a 3 to a 6. I haven't done much moving around. Surgery was Wed morning, I came home wednesday evening, and have stayed in bed most of the time. I get up to potty, and that's about it. I still get to hold the baby, and thank god for my mom helping during these past few days. I have help for 1 week, and I suspect I'll be in pretty good shape after that, but we'll see. I'm controlling my pain with vicodin, and it seems to be working just fine. I go to the doc for follow-up today and to get the drain out. I had two drains, but one of them was coming out on its own, so I removed it myself--piece of cake! I can't wait for the bandages to come off so I can get a look at what's been done. Any word on DJ's surgery? Hope she is doing as well as I am, but I suspect the boob job is pretty uncomfortable. I'll post more after my follow-up. I'll also try to get before and after pics up soon, too. I'm just limited to text with my computer right now. Deeno
IrishIze
on 1/26/06 10:09 pm - NJ
Hey Mama Deeno!! First of all congratulations on the new little sweetheart!! I'm so glad everything has gone so well with the PS - and also glad that the pain is minimal. I can't wait to see pics of the wee one and of your new bod... I've been wondering about DeeJay too...hope everything went well for her. I know you're busy, but please keep checking in so we know how you're doing!! Hugs, Nancy 280/172/155
Monna W.
on 1/27/06 3:03 am - Susanville, CA
Oh, I am so happy for you--I got all teary reading your post. A new baby is so exciting, especially when you've been waiting a long time. And a new body to go with it. You are so blessed and through you all of us are blessed. Enjoy that baby to the fullest. Can hardly wait to see pics. Monna
GailD
on 2/5/06 2:02 am - Racine, WI
Hi Deeno! I'm very behind on the posts -- haven't been here for a while...but I just read about your new little one AND your surgery. First off, CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a mom! What a wonderful gift! Can't wait to hear more about it! So glad to hear you got through surgery without any problems...and that you're doing so well. What an exciting time in your life! Enjoy it! Take care, Gail D.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views