July Babies Excercise Challenge

Mary M.
on 1/24/06 11:22 pm - Neverland, CA
Change it Up - Get out of your rut with these valuable tips. By Kelly James-Enger Pump up your motivation I know what you're thinking. With your crazy schedule you may not have a lot of time to come up with a "new and improved" workout. You want to hit the gym, do 20 minutes on the Stairmaster, and run through a quick circuit on the Nautilus machines and head home. But to do the same thing day after day, you're setting yourself up for big-time burnout and boredom. "Variety is the spice of exercise," says certified personal trainer Brad Schoenfeld, author of Look Great Sleeveless (Prentiss Hall, 2002). "You always want to vary your routine. If you keep doing the same things over and over you get bored, and boredom is a factor in why people quit working out." Stuck for ideas? Try writing out a new routine before you head to the gym. While you're there you can refer to your notes. Or you can sign up for a new class, try a workout from the pages of Energy, or ask a friend to come along and simply follow her lead. So what did you do today? Mary In the words of Bill Phillips': "Exercise is the spark. Nutrition is the fuel. Without both, there can be no flame -- no results."
IrishIze
on 1/24/06 11:27 pm - NJ
Did the 2 mile WATP WalkBlaster this morning - 30 minutes. Hugs, Nancy
Mary M.
on 1/25/06 12:16 pm - Neverland, CA
Nancy, Great job getting in the cardio! Mary
jewelcrown
on 1/24/06 11:34 pm
1 hr. water aerobics -- the one exercise I enjoy doing and it's easy on the joints! In the water: Climbed 250 stairs (increased 50 stairs) Jogging laps 100 sit ups 100 lap pull downs (abdomen and triceps) 25 biscep curls I recently bought a pilates machine called "Supreme Pilates"... I hope to incorporate a second hr at night to my work outs... I'll let you know how it works out when it arrives. I confess: this was a late night informmercial impulse purchase. I hope its worth it! Hey Mary, thanks for the articles and exercise challenges every day... This is awesome..... Denise 326/222/170 -104
Mary M.
on 1/25/06 12:21 pm - Neverland, CA
Denise, Way to go on the water aerobics! You will have to let us know what you think of the "Supreme Pilates" - infomercials have a way of getting to us. I take a pilates class each Thursday evening and have several of the Windsor Pilates DVD's purchased via infomercials (I like them I can use them in a pinch...my daughter loves to excercise when we all go to bed so she uses them avidly). Mary
Monna W.
on 1/25/06 3:02 am - Susanville, CA
I did 20 minutes on the treadmill at the fitness center at 2.5 mph and level surface. Then I was introduced to the weight machines and did a short workout--about 55 minutes. Next week the instructor is going to work with me to develop an abdominal program and a core strengthening program especially for me. She is very knowledgeable and caring. I was afraid I would be in a class of a bunch of real young college students, but most of us are older and have definite exercise challenges. I hope to go on Friday also. Monna
Mary M.
on 1/25/06 12:25 pm - Neverland, CA
Monna, you are fantastic to have gone yesterday after not feeling so well. I so glad to hear that you enjoyed your workout and are incorperating new things! When I purchased a 3 year membership at my local gym weighing 415 lbs..I thought what was I thinking of...I paid cash upfront. So, I forced myself to go workout and then I thought I could careless what people think. They got to look that way because they were dedicated to coming each and everyday. So I have committed to be like them and here I am a gym rate. I love my endorphine rush. Mary
Mary M.
on 1/25/06 12:27 pm - Neverland, CA
Todays workout: 2.5 mile walk - 40.16 minutes, HR 126 avg. Upper & Lower resistance training 1 hr Spin Class - HR 134 avg. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views