Terrible Pain

on my W.
on 1/24/06 11:41 am - Canada
Hello folks, Well I had terrible pain tonight and had to cut short my child's dance lesson so that we could get home early. The pain was literally all over my abdomen and upper area where I once had a gallbladder...and felt like it was all around me. It lasted about 45 minutes and I think I would have called 911 if it had gone on any longer. The strange thing is that I am fine now and I am just in disbelief as to what could have been so painful and yet pass so completely. My back is still a little sore from last weeks injury but this was sides and front like a blockage or something. I just made it home before I crashed on the bed and even that didn't take it away. No pain now and I had a nice supper??? It was as bad as final stage labour. Any thoughts anyone....as I say...no pain now. Hugs Karen.
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/06 12:31 pm - Paradise, CA
Hi Karen, Sorry to hear you've been in such pain. I do have to tell you that last week I experienced the same thing and had my husband take me to the Emergency Room, unfortunally it was so busy that I sat for two hours before being seen, so by that time I didn't have near the pain. They said it was probably acid reflux. I used to have problems with acid reflux before my surgery but haven't had any since. I'm even having some trouble with it tonight. It acts like a gallbladder attack. I have no gallbladder so know that can't be what it is. It almost seems like it might be really bad gas built up because my tummy is sure making lots of noise and isn't very happy right now. If it continues I'm gonna have to get in to see my doc. Hope yours gets better soon. Please let us know how you're doing, Hugs, Denise K.
T R.
on 1/24/06 1:15 pm
I am sorry to hear that you are in pain. However, I am finding that I too have been having pain. I went to the surgeon and he didn't find anything wrong with me, associated with the pain. But he did find a small navel hernia. I did find something to help me and it turned out that it was indeed gas. You can use Phazyme or Gas X and the pain should go away, if it's what I had. But, I have been using a (totally safe) homeopathic remedy, I can take it every hour until the symptoms are gone. I had used it all weekend and am now only having small bouts of pain. My pain was in the center of my abdomen/navel area and it went around to my back, sorta like a belt of pain. The only relief I got was in the fetal position. I would definately talk to your doctor as my pain and your pain may not be the same. I hope you feel better soon and keep us posted as to what your doctor says. Tami 275/163/145 18#s 2 Go!
Mary M.
on 1/24/06 1:10 pm - Neverland, CA
Karen, I had the exact horrible pain last night just as you discribed. Mine was related to gas and the fact that I had not had a BM in a few days. I dank some smooth move tea and went to bed....the pain eventually subsided. Everything is fine today. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views