Common Theme

Mary M.
on 1/23/06 2:53 am - Neverland, CA
I have taken it upon myself lately to continue to read books about nutrition & excercise. The one thing that I have noticed is that the majority of these books have in common is that we need to be vigilant of what were are eating and to get moving. The foods that I have noticed that should be avoided on a daily basis are as follows: Potatoes (white & red), white rice, corn, carrots, beets, white bread, refined sugar & products (cookies, cakes, and so on). Prior to WLS these were the common foods in my daily eating plan. Heck lets face it I loved these foods the best. I find that if I am not diligent that these same foods are sneaking there way into my eating plan. I feel that I continually must keep in mind the words moderation and sparingly. Just thought I would share. Mary
jewelcrown
on 1/23/06 3:04 am
Thanks, Mary!!! I needed that!
IrishIze
on 1/23/06 3:13 am - NJ
Mary, those are my favorite foods too, and even though I haven't had any of them in awhile, I do find them 'calling' to me on occasion - especially the sweets. Today seems like one of those days, that the protein and even the fruit isn't satisfying me. I wonder why that is?? Anyway, I'm going to try and fend off those cravings and stick to the good stuff. Thanks for the reminder!! Hugs, Nancy
Tanja Y
on 1/26/06 5:55 pm - Wahiawa, HI
Why no carrots? When I get the urge to eat something crunchy I usually grab a few raw baby carrots and gnaw on them. It helps curb the urge to eat crunchy chips or crackers. The other stuff (except the occasional cookie that screams my name) I don't mess with. Don't do bread, corn, rice of any kind, potatos are very few and far between and then usually only one bite. Pickled beets I actually miss, but can't find any sf ones so I just don't eat them, still want them tho. ~Tanja
Mary M.
on 1/26/06 11:20 pm - Neverland, CA
Tanja, Carrots being a root vegetable are more readily converted into glucose, therefore causing a spike insulin levels. I use them occassionally in cooking if the recipes calls for them otherwise I do stay away from them...they can be addicitve for me. Then again I got to where I was because of my food addiction. When I want something crunchy I stick with either cukes or dry roasted edamame. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views