"If I Must Snack Then Let Me Snack Well:

jewelcrown
on 1/22/06 6:54 am
This one's got my name on it!! "If I Must Snack Then Let Me Snack Well" article from "lifeafterwls.com" On most days I can talk myself down from a need-to-snack crisis. I use that great motivator, fear - fear of dumping, vomiting or weight regain to not snack. But on those days when I really need something, not head hunger, but genuine feel-it-in-the-gut hunger, let me snack and let me snack well. For myself I must remind, "Snack ONLY if you are hungry. DON'T make snacking a habit!" By the same token, if I am hungry, select wisely a snack to meet my nutritional needs; I avoid self-loathing and disgust or snacker's remorse. I supply good nutrition to my body. Wise snacking will feed my body, fuel my soul. Here are the top best and worst snacks for LivingAfterWLS. If you must snack then snack well! Enjoy Wise Snack Choices Protein bars/shakes Lean deli meat (turkey, chicken) Shimp, tuna or seafood flakes Low fat cottage cheese or mozzarella cheese Melons, apple slices, berries or any tolerated fruit Jerky Sugar-free Jell-O Hard-cooked eggs Nonfat, unsweetened yogurt Peanut butter w/apples The wise snack list includes items that are high in protein, low in simple carbohydrates (sugars) and are fairly basic or unprocessed. You will also notice foods ri*****alcium, vitamins and minerals to feed the body well. In addition most of these foods will satiate the pouch and it is unlikely one will engage in prolonged snacking on any of these items. In other words, make a good choice, enjoy it and move on with your life. No more grazing. You will notice sugar-free Jell-O is on the wise food list, but sugar free items are on the poor choice list. Sugar free Jell-O is a good source of protein and when combined with other ingredients such as yogurt or cottage cheese can be a nutritional snack unlike many sugar-free sweets that are nutrionally void. The sugar-free sweets to avoid are candy, puddings and baked items as they lack nutritional value. They waste pouch space and simply add calories to the diet.
sradcli74
on 1/22/06 9:53 am
This is a great article. A good reminder that snacking is ok, as long as it is healthy. I have got to remember that. Teah
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views