More to lose... Friday (1/20) Game Plan...

jewelcrown
on 1/19/06 9:07 pm
Good morning, Ladies!! Happy Friday.... Yesterday was a very good day for me. So much so I weighed myself at the pool today. I'm too afraid to get excited, but it registered 220!! My last weigh in at the doctor's was 226! I weigh in again at the doctor's on Wednesday, so we'll see if the pool scale is validated. Suddenly I'm encouraged again.... So here's today's plan: 7:00 am Oatnut bread, 1 slice 2 tb peanutbutter 9:30 am turkey 3 oz Noon South Beach - Cashew Chicken 2:00 ham deli 3 oz 4:00 celery 6:00 tuna romaine lettuce vingarette Snacks Sugar free popsicles Sugar free apple cider Nutrition: Calories 1100 Fat 48 Carbs 70 Protein 95 Exercise: 1 hr water aerobics Have a great day!!! Denise 326/220????/170
IrishIze
on 1/19/06 10:38 pm - NJ
Hi everyone! I did well yesterday and took Monna's advice and added a little fruit to my menu. I weighed 175 this morning, so I lost a pound, but it's the same pound I've been losing and gaining. I can't wait until the scale says 174, then I'll really start to believe that the plateau is over. I had a terrible time sleeping last night - I don't know why. The last time I looked at the clock it was 4:30 AM and I usually get up at 5:30 to exercise. Well, I decided to forgo the exercise this morning and I was able to sleep until 6:00. I hope to exercise this evening - I'm one tired girl today... I've kind of put my menu together - I'm not thinking to clearly, but here's the idea: B: Boca Burger and 1/2 scoop Unjury S: WW Flakes & Fiber cereal L: chicken breast 3 oz, hard boiled egg S: 2 T peanut butter, Carb Clever peaches 1/2 cup, cantaloupe, blueberries D: Turkey Sloppy Joe (meat only), broccoli S: Hi-Lo Cereal Totals: Calories 1047 Carbs: 48 Protein: 125 Water: 80 oz. Exercise: WATP - 2 mile walk Let's hope everyone continues on the downside!!! Hugs, Nancy 280/175/155
jewelcrown
on 1/19/06 10:40 pm
Hey Nancy!! Congrats on getting rid of 176... here's hoping you never see that number again!!! Have a great Friday! Denise
Monna W.
on 1/20/06 2:17 am - Susanville, CA
Nancy, Glad to hear you think my advice might be helping. I know I can't go too long on very low carbohydrate intake, so I work really hard to make sure the carbs I do eat are not refined. Lack of carbohydrates was one of the reasons I could never stay on the Atkins diet for more than 4 or 5 days. The important thing is to hang in there and keep trying to find the right combination of fats, carbs, and protein for your body. Monna
sradcli74
on 1/20/06 1:01 am
Ok, I'm gonna come clean. Denise I was really hiding out. But I am glad you came looking for me. I am frustrated with the whole weight loss thing. I got on the scale yesterday, before my official weigh in (usually Mondays) and guess what the scale said 183! How in the world could I go from 178 to 183? That puts me back where I started, when I wasn't even monitoring what I ate! I now know that my snacking had to be PMS related and I should have made better choices. I am hoping that this is just bloat from the period. But if not, oh boy it is easy to gain weight! I am also frustrated with counting calories, fats and carbs. It feels like I am constantly taking a stab in the dark. I know the minimum amount of protein I should have each day, but that's it. Everything else is a gamble. If you eat too little your body shuts down, if you eat too much, you gain weight. I think I should just resolve to get in my protein, make my other food choices healthy and just enjoy what I am eating. I just can't figure this calorie, fat and carb thing out. I just needed to vent a little. Here's my plan for today: 4:30 Protica 7:30 Protein Smoothie 10:45 Cheese and Crackers 12:00 Chicken Drummettes and Sauteed Cabbage (w/Carrots and Apples) 2:30 Low Carb Yogurt 4:00 cheese and crackers 6:30 Chicken Burger and green salad 9:30 Orange Calories 1366 Fat 66 Carbs 77 Protein 119 I hope everyone has a great day. Teah
jewelcrown
on 1/20/06 1:16 am
Oh... Miss Teah!! You can't leave me now!! Even if all we do is maintain, it's better than gaining. We'll figure this out even if its by trial and error. It could also be that your scale is out of whack or you're retaining fluid. Give your doctor or nutritionist a call and ask them what your nutrition should look like in relation to carbs and fats.... I feel like singing now... "Don't leave me this way"... "I can't survive, won't stay alive without [your support]" "Please don't leave me this way".... [a really bad Thelma Houston imitation]!!!! Denise
IrishIze
on 1/20/06 2:58 am - NJ
Teah, don't give up!!! I know how you feel - I can gain 5 lbs. in a day and it takes three weeks to lose one!! We're all here for you just as you've been there to cheer us on! If we stick together, we can overcome anything. We're going to have good days and bad days, and on the good ones we can come here to cheer and on the bad ones come and cry..... Hang in there - you're not alone!! Hugs, Nancy 280/175/155
Monna W.
on 1/20/06 2:33 am - Susanville, CA
Hi All, Have to this morning. I got on the scales hoping that I would finally be below tht 230 mark and low and behold 228.8 lbs. showed. Had to get on the scales three times to believe it was real. Yesterday I had a really long day and did not eat dinner--just too tired, but still managed to ger in 83 grams of protein. I was so tired that I could do only 30 minutes on the Gazelle. My husband told me if I were tired I should take a day off, but had I done that one day off would have led to a month off, so I got on the contraption. Today's plan Breakfast: Whey protein drink, with 1 C skim milk, 1/2 banana, 7 strawberries Lunch: South Beach--Savory Pork Dinner: I left recipes and directions for 3 different casseroles for my husband to prepare. I don't know which one he will choose, but the are all ground meat based with either rice or potatoes so I can only estimate the food values in what will become my dinner. Snack: tangerine sting cheese pistachio nuts SF popsicle Totals: Calories: 1119 Fats: 36 Carbs: 91 Protein: 115 1 hour on the Gazelle. Hang in there you beautiful people. Monna -160 lbs.
jewelcrown
on 1/20/06 2:43 am
Monna! You are definitely on a good roll!! I'm impressed with your exercise conviction in the face of fatigue. You go woman! Congratulations.... Denise
IrishIze
on 1/20/06 2:54 am - NJ
Oooh Monna - I'm so happy for you!!! (and to be honest, a little jealous!! ) You are doing so well, and I know if I persevere, I will get on a roll too... Keep up the good work - you're our role model right now!! Hugs, nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views