Plateau Buster Diet??

IrishIze
on 1/18/06 10:54 pm - NJ
Does anyone have the Plateau Buster diet? I think I might give it a try... Thanks! Hugs, Nancy 280/176/155
Duval Diva
on 1/18/06 11:29 pm - JACKSONVILLE, FL
hi nancy i need it to me and you are at te same weight i have been ere since febuary 1 of last year i go from 173 back to 176 it want move i'm so disapoointed and stay depress i have tried every thing so i can try this too
jewelcrown
on 1/19/06 12:08 am
This was on another board: How to break a plateau #1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau #2 - Drink 2 quarts of water a day #3 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day #4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day beef pork chicken turkey lamb fish eggs low fat cheese cottage cheese plain yogurt or artificially sweetened (?) peanut butter beans/legumes You may also have: sugar free popsicles tea or coffee sugar free soda sugar free jello broths/bullion (sp?) crystal light drinks #5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!! #6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily In addition to the Plateau Buster, change your exercise plan as well. Such as if you are walking, join Curves, if you are a Curves member, do walking on days that you don't do Curves. If you are a member of Curves, join a gym or buy free weights and alternate between Curves and the gym or free weights for 5 days a week. Added notes..... 100 Calorie Snacks: 20 Choices Need some ideas? To get you started on the road to calorie-controlled snacking, our experts offer some suggestions for healthy 100-calorie munchies: 1. Half an apple with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter 2. An orange and a few dry-roasted nuts 3. 10 cashew nuts 4. 10 almonds 5. 2 ounces of lean roast beef 6. Half a small avocado 7. 3 ounces cooked whole-grain noodles with 1 fresh tomato and 1/2 ounce hard cheese 8. 1 seven-grain Belgian waffle 9. 4 mini rice cakes with 2 tablespoons low-fat cottage cheese 10. 3 ounces low-fat cottage cheese and 3 whole-wheat crackers 11. 1/4 cup fat-free ranch dressing with mixed raw veggies 12. 6 Wheat Thins crackers with two teaspoons of peanut butter (or any nut butter) 13. 1 small baked potato with 1/2 cup salsa and 2 tablespoons of fat-free sour cream 14. 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce with 1 slice of whole-wheat toast, cut into 4 strips for dunking 15. 1/2 cup frozen orange juice, eaten as sorbet 16. 2 large graham cracker squares with 1 teaspoon peanut butter 17. 3 handfuls of unbuttered popcorn, seasoned with herbs 18. 4-6 ounces of no-fat or low-fat yogurt 19. A 5-ounce tossed salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and 1/4 cup fat-free dressing 20. Half a "finger" of string cheese with 4 whole-wheat crackers
curlysue92
on 1/19/06 9:53 am - Demopolis, AL
Hi, Nancy! I am on that diet now. --Except I continued through the 10 days! I started January 1, 2006. I have lost 9 pounds since the 1st!! Keep in mind that I haven't lost any weight in the last 4-5 months. All of a sudden I focus on my protein and drink lots of water, and I drop 9 pounds!! When the 10 days were up, I felt so great that I didn't want to go back. I have always been told that protein will give you energy. It is so true!! I feel like I have been on speed these last 2 weeks. I even wake up before my alarm goes off in the morning. I also walk at least 30 minutes every day. I used to could only do it 3-4 days because I couldn't get up out of bed. Now...... I am a big burst of energy and I can't slow down!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really need to try it. 348/207/167 (40 more pounds to go!)
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views