More to Lose... Wednesday's Game Plan

jewelcrown
on 1/18/06 1:37 pm
Well Ladies: Yesterday was dismal. I stood in the pity box for a minute and had a downard spiral for awhile. I'm happy to say, I'm out of the box and back on track. This is such an up and down journey for me. My only thought is as long as I don't give up, I'm going to get there. We're going to get there together.... So here we go: 7:00 Ground turkey 9:30 Chicken breast strips 11:30 South Beach - Chicken & Broccoli 1:30 Celery 3:30 Tilapia 5:30 Shrimp Romaine Lettuce Vinagerette Dressing Snacks: Sugar free popsicles Sugar free apple cider Nutrition: Calories 1031 Fat 37 Carb 40 Protein 121 Exercise 1 hr. water aerobics On with the journey!! Denise 326/226/170 -100 56 lbs that WILL be gone in 2006!
IrishIze
on 1/18/06 10:50 pm - NJ
I hate to come here every day and complain, but I've NEVER had so much trouble trying to lose a flippin' pound. Even prior to WLS if I stayed on track for 2 weeks and did my exercise faithfully I always lost. I just don't know what's going on and I don't know what to do at this point. It seems like something is wrong somewhere. Someone suggested I stop exercising. I've tried eating less, I've tried eating more. Other people have suggested not weighing every day, but I think I would be that much more disappointed if I went a week being good and weighed in with no loss. Besides, weighing or not weighing is not going to change the fact that I'm not losing. I'm SO frustrated. Sigh...... Yesterday I did really well, stayed on track 100% and did my two 30 minute sessions of exercise. I ended up with a total of 965 calories, 30 carbs and 127 g protein. I got in all of my water too. I just can't explain it. Sorry for being such a downer, but I am just really bummed and frustrated. I'm trying SO hard and nuttin'...... Anyway, I'm going to continue to try. Here's my plan for today: B: Boca Burger and 1/2 scoop Unjury in lemonade S: WW Flakes & Fiber cereal L: Chicken breast (3 oz), Chili made with lean ground turkey (1.5 oz.) S: Hard boiled egg, 1/2 scoop Unjury D: Turkey Sloppy Joe (meat only, no bread) (4 oz.), chili with ground turkey (1.5 oz.) S: 1/2 oz. almonds, Trader Joe's Hi-Lo Cereal Totals: Calories: 988 Carbs: 29 Protein: 129 Water: 80 oz. Exercise: Did the WATP 2 mile Walkblaster this morning. Don't think I'll do it again - thinking of cutting the exercise down to 1 - 30 minute session instead of two. Hugs, Nancy 280/176/155
jewelcrown
on 1/18/06 11:58 pm
Hey Nancy: Had you tried upping your water intake... Weight loss exits the body through our procelain thrones... I asked my doctor about this and he said to up the water and the exercise... Work out twice per day, including resistance training. I recall reading that the folks on the "Biggest Loser" did just this. They needed a loss every week so they had to up the water and diversify their exercise regime every week. They worked out at least twice a day and sometimes more. Just a thought? The other good thing is that you are maintaining and not gaining... which is a big downer... (I speak from unwanted experience!!) Please hang in there and vent with your family here on the board any time!!! We can and will do this!! Denise1
IrishIze
on 1/19/06 3:51 am - NJ
Denise - thanks for your suggestions and your support. I think I somehow have to shake things up a bit. Maybe I'm trying too hard. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my July babies to cry to!! Just think, once that scale moves I'm going to be hoopin' and hollerin' like crazy!! Hugs, Nancy
Monna W.
on 1/19/06 2:17 am - Susanville, CA
Nancy, As I follow your posts, I note the only thing you have not tried is to increase your carbs. I get almost 100 grams of carbs everyday and as long as I get over 50 grams of protein, I seem to lose gradually. I'm not talking about chips or white bread or sugar. I am talking about whole grain breads and pastas, fruits and vegetables. You posted one time that if you ate 100 grams of carbs you would blow up. I would hope not, but I don't live in your body. The whole grains and fruits are instrumental in keeping my bowels regular also. I hope something breaks lose for you soon. You have been such an inspiration to all of us on this board. I thank you for that. Monna
IrishIze
on 1/19/06 3:46 am - NJ
Thanks Monna - I went down to the cafeteria today and got a small bowl of blueberries, cantaloupe, a few small pieces of pineapple and some orange. It tasted so GOOD!! Hopefully that will get things moving - when I'm on a high protein, low carb diet I can go for 4-5 days without a BM...not too good, huh? I think I will try getting more fiber in - maybe I'll try some oatmeal. Quaker has a new Weight Management cinnamon that my friend says is really good. Maybe if I up the carbs to 60 or so I'll do a little better! Thanks for the suggestion!! Hugs, Nancy
Mary M.
on 1/18/06 10:50 pm - Neverland, CA
I plan on a repeat menu today: Breakfast: Powercrunch bar Snack: Mocha Coffee made w/unsweetened cocoa, splenda & NF milk Lunch: Eggbeaters omellette w/brocolli, smoked turkey, cheese Snack: SF stallone pudding w/ 1/2cp Kashi-Go-Lean Dinner: Chicken and salad Cal: 1048 Fat: 41 g Carb: 54 g (12 from fiber) Pro: 124 Excercise will consist of 2.5 mile walk and pilates this evening.
jewelcrown
on 1/19/06 12:01 am
Hey Mary! Do you take a class in pilates? or some form at home? I'm thinking of trying this. Star Jones and Al Roker do pilates as their form of exercise. Is it tough on the joints? My knees are getting better as I lose weight, but they still aren't as strong as they could be.
Mary M.
on 1/19/06 1:19 am - Neverland, CA
I take pilates at the gym and I do own DVD's of the Winsor-Pilates. In our class the instructor shows us various levels of moves so that everyone can work within their own comfort zone. My joints have been able to tolaerate both pilates and yoga quite well. Give it a try, mixing up your workout is a great way to get your body to shed some of those stubborn pounds. Hey, I wonder if there would be any interestif I started a daily for excercise on this board? Mary
jewelcrown
on 1/19/06 4:36 am
I think there would be interest on a daily exercise challenge...
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views