Stomach pain...

T R.
on 1/16/06 9:54 pm
Hi gang.. I have a problem, I think. I have had pain in my navel region and back since Saturday evening, its sorta like a belt of pain. I have talked with the nurse and she is aware. My symptoms are bloating, burning feeling, mild pain and when I drink/eat, I don't feel any better or worse, sometimes drinking actually makes me feel crampy. I was wondering if any of you have had this? My surgeon's nurse suggested that it could be one of three things. So she advised that I take MOM in case it was just a simple back up in my large intestines. The other two possible culprits were ulcers or a muscle pull. I took MOM (shudders) and did the toilet thing yesterday, but its not any better. I have called the nurse for a call back for (again) today, I have an appointment to see my surgeon tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience with something like this?? Thanks in advance! Tami 275/165/140
IrishIze
on 1/16/06 11:31 pm - NJ
Ugh, Tami, I'm sorry you're going through this. I have had a similar problem, but that was before my surgery. It was diagnosed as Irritiable Bowel Syndrome, but I have to say that I haven't had an episode since my surgery. After my surgery I did develop an ulcer, but the pain was higher up - not abdominal. I also developed a stricture at the same time, but again the pain was higher up and I couldn't keep anything down. Is the pain worse when you move a certain way? That might tell you whether or not it's muscular; or take a couple of Tylenol and see if that relieves it. Of course the best thing is to see your surgeon, so you're on the right path. Hope you feel better soon. Make sure to let us know what your surgeon says.... Hugs, Nancy 280/176/155
T R.
on 1/17/06 4:51 am
Ok, I am back now. I love my doctor!! He is such an angel! LOL Anyway, now that the mushy stuff is out of the way, I can tell you what he said... He poked around and ask me lots of questions and he came to his decision. A simple muscle pull!! I was so scared it was something really bad. I am still a bit worried but I trust my doctor.. he really is a very caring man/surgeon. He wants to be updated in a few days. He did advise me that I have a very tiny hernia right near my navel, it probably happened when I had my tubes tied using lap through my navel... so we are going to watch that too. I asked him about PS, he gave me his recommendations and I am to act on it in my time, when I am ready. As far as the IBS.. I am going to ask him about that, it was a problem before surgery for me too. It's kinda like that, but this seems to hurt even after my empty out yesterday. So we will see in the next few days if this goes away with tylenol and heat. It hurts worse when I am up and moving around, when I am sitting with my knees up or lying fetal position its better, so the pain comes and goes. Cross your fingers that it go go goes away soon!! Thanks for your response! (HUGS) Tami 275/165/145 He also told me to keep my goal at 145.. otherwise I am going to look too thin. So that means only 20 pounds to go, the toning begins....
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views