Healthy Body Calculator

sradcli74
on 1/12/06 5:45 am
http://www.dietitian.com/hbcalc.html This is the website I mentioned in my post today. This website asks a series of questions based on your demographics, nutritional goals, activity levels, etc. (Don't worry its a short questionnaire). It produces some information and tells you what your caloric range should be for healthy weightloss. I'm not sure how this applies to post-ops, but as the honeymoon weightloss period is over for most of us, it seems as though we should follow traditional rules? I don't know tell me what you think. The calculator adjusts where you should be getting your calories based on your weight goals. I was looking at this thing and if I at those number of carbs, I'd blow up. Anyway here's what the calculator told me regarding where my calories should be. I've always wondered, as I've never been a calorie counter. Nutritional Facts Your Nutrition Facts -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Calorie Daily Value 1,440 Calories from Fat 360 Total Fat 40 g Saturated Fat 13 g Cholesterol 300 mg Sodium 2,400 mg Potassium 3,500 mg Total Carbohydrate 198 g Dietary Fiber 25 g Sugars 36 g Protein 72 g -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Explanation The calories, fat, saturated fat, carbohydrate and protein are customized to your calorie distribution and are adjusted according to your weight goal (gain or lose) as you indicated on page 2. Note, the lowest calorie recommendation is 1,200 calories per day. Food labels contain the amount of calories and nutrients per serving of food. To achieve your weight goal, subtract the calories and grams of fat on the labels of food you eat from the calories and grams of fat in Your Nutrition Facts as a maximum recommended daily amount. For foods not labeled, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, the calories and grams of fat are low as long as you don't add fat or deep fry these nutritious foods.
jewelcrown
on 1/12/06 10:54 pm
Wow... this is an interesting site... I'm not sure it's appicable for me, however. I have been eating on this schedule, unfortunately, and I gained!. It claims I can eat: 2200 calories 328 carbs 55 protein ..... I'd definitely gain on this one. I'll share this site with some non WLS buddies who are trying to lose, it should work for them. Thanks for sharing! Denise
IrishIze
on 1/12/06 11:35 pm - NJ
Thanks Teah, but I think you're right - this doesn't seem to be for WLS people. It wouldn't let me put my protein above 20% of my calories for the day. This is what is suggested for me to lose weight: Calorie Daily Value 2,060 Calories from Fat 820 Total Fat 92 g Saturated Fat 30 g Cholesterol 300 mg Sodium 2,400 mg Potassium 3,500 mg Total Carbohydrate 206 g Don't I WISH!!! Dietary Fiber 25 g Sugars 52 g Protein 103 g The only thing that I would go by is the protein!! It was very interesting though. Thanks again, Teah! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views