Unexpected Bonus of WLS

Monna W.
on 1/12/06 4:34 am - Susanville, CA
Today I had my eye exam. My ocular pressure has been high for several years, not quite high enough to be called glaucoma, but enough to be very worrisome. The pressures were hanging around 28 for a long time. Today the pressure in both eyes was 13. I had drops to use, but ran out and waited too long to see the ophthalmologist and have not had drops for about 3 months. So this pressure is actually without medication. Who would have thought weight loss surgery would lead to a reduction in occular pressure. This was almost as exciting as being told I am no longer a diabetic. Monna
jewelcrown
on 1/12/06 10:58 pm
This is great news!!! Congratulations... I remember my primary doctor telling me before WLS how the excess weight affects every organ in your body. Hence, all of our organs are letting loose a sigh of relief... The pressure is off! Fantastic!!
IrishIze
on 1/12/06 11:21 pm - NJ
Monna, that is fantastic!! You're just about a new person by now, huh?? I had the same thing happen to me. Between quitting smoking and losing weight, my ocular pressure is at a normal rate too. The doc said that quitting smoking didn't have anything to do with it, but there was a dramatic decrease after I did - it's gone down since my WLS too. I'm also off of blood pressure meds and my BP runs about 120 / 65.....unbelieveable. Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views