baby adoption THIS WEEK!?!!!

deeno
on 1/10/06 9:38 pm - Kokomo, IN
THIS IS IT!! Chuck and I rec'd a call on Monday afternoon. A birth mother has selected our profile. She is due to deliver TOMORROW (and will be induced no later than Jan. 18th). We don't know if it's a boy or a girl, and nothing is guaranteed until she signs on the dotted line. She can't sign until 24 hours after the birth. Birth mother is 32, and has her four children living with her including a 15 month old. Her husband has four grown children not in the house, two of those children are "child support age". They have hidden the pregnancy from everyone, and simply want to place the child up for adoption. We are 98% certain that this will go off without a hitch, but of course will fell better when everything is "signed, sealed, and delivered". I will post more information as it unfolds. I will not be available on line (no access to internet at home), and will most likely be unable to respond to emails for a while. As of right now it is taking every bit of strength I have to formulate sentences and breathe. Chuck and I are ready. We've been waiting to start our family for six long years. We're trying to enjoy our last few days together before our world is turned upsidedown. I'll let y'all know what I can as soon as I can. The funny thing is I found out at my WLS 18 month follow-up appointment. I was waiting at the elevator and my cell phone rang. I went to my appt, and everything was good--BP and pulse-rate were high though....imagine that! The other thing is I am still going to go through with my TT and brachioplasty on Jan 25th. My doc said that women have C-sections and care for newborns (with help), and at this time is when I will have the most help available to me. so, it's either go for it, or wait....until who knows when. PLus, my insurance is paying for half of this, and I won't have this insurance much longer (exp. in 3/06). But, if anyone can do this, I certainly can. I'm scared out of my mind....but in a good way. Deeno
IrishIze
on 1/11/06 12:01 am - NJ
WooHoo, Deeno! That is such wonderful news!! A new little football player!! Don't worry about the surgery, etc. and caring for your new little one - I had a C-section with each of my sons and you know what, you get through what you need to get through. Babies just need love, food and a clean diaper - no sweat!! I'm so excited for you and your hubby - please keep in touch and let us know all the details!!! Hugs, Nancy 280/175/155
deeno
on 1/11/06 2:06 am - Kokomo, IN
Everone looks at me like I'm nuts when I tell them I'm still having surgery. At least until I tell them that it won't be that much different from a C-section. It's a small price to pay, but worth it. Thanks for your well wishes. I'm going back to freaking out now. Deeno
Monna W.
on 1/11/06 1:57 am - Susanville, CA
Diana, How exciting!! Being a mother is the best! Imagine having this happen when you were at your top weight. Now you are really able to care for the babe and yourself in a way that would have been impossible 18 months ago. Life is good and it is going to be better for you. Enjoy the time you have with your baby--they grow up so fast. With love and best wishes, Monna
deeno
on 1/11/06 2:03 am - Kokomo, IN
Oh, man, you aren't kidding! Plus, I don't have any "baby weight" to lose, and with my TT I'm gonna be "one hot momma" in a short period of time. Life is good....no, it's great. Deeno
T R.
on 1/11/06 3:01 am
Oh my gosh!!! I am so happy for you!! Please keep up posted... on the lil one and the TT. You are so lucky that you don't have any baby weight to lose.. I can't wait to see your results from the TT though. You go ahead with your bad hot mama self!!! Tami 275/165/140
jewelcrown
on 1/11/06 3:37 am
Deeno.. how exciting!!! Congratulations!!! I am too thrilled for you. Keep us in the loop on your new family addition!
Deejay
on 1/11/06 7:40 am - Sparks, NV
oh my goodness I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!! I went through 6yrs of infertility myself and did invitro to have my triplets. I was back and forth to the intensive care unit twice a day every day after my c-section and was able to do it, you'll be at home and have help too, your dr is right, no better time then when you have the help now! woohoo!! I'm so happy for you!!!!! I just had my pre-op today for my PS, one more week!! Can't wait to hear the details on the baby!! I hope you can find a way to keep us updated. Good luck!! Deejay
GailD
on 1/12/06 2:21 am - Racine, WI
CONGRATULATIONS, Deeno! This is fantastic! You will be an AWESOME mom! Can't wait to hear an update from you to know that everything has gone okay -- and to find out if you have a son or a daughter! Glad to hear you're still having your surgery -- you'll be fine! Isn't life great?! Gail D.
Tara118
on 1/12/06 11:51 am - Trenton, OH
OH DEENO!!!! How exciting!! My birthday is the 18th so maybe we will share birthdays!!! PPLLEEAASSEE update us as soon as you can!!!! Tara
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views