More to lose... Saturday's Game Plan

jewelcrown
on 1/6/06 11:44 pm
Yesterday I was about 80% compliant. Oatmeal cookies (the real ones!) got me. Late afternoons at work and evenings are my trouble spots. I think I need to drink more during these times. Anyway... here's today's plan: Breakfast: Tilapia Applesauce Lunch: Shrimp Romaine Lettuce Vinagerette Dressing Dinner: Steak 4 oz Snacks: Sugar free popsicles Ground turkey Nutrition: Calories 1092 Fat 51 Carbs 14 Protein 125 Exercise: 30 minutes resistance training 30 minutes walking
IrishIze
on 1/7/06 4:33 am - NJ
HI Denise! Well I have to thank you again for starting these threads and helping me get back on track. I did pretty well yesterday - my worst time is around 10 PM - I ate some sugar free cookies ~ five to be exact!! I thought sure I would gain back at least a pound, but when I weighed this morning I was 176!! Down 3 lbs from yesterday and down 7 from when I started last Tuesday!! WooHoo, I was dancing on air!! (Actually it motivated me into doing my 2.5 mile Jog away the pounds.. ) I've been keeping really busy so I'm not noshing while I'm at home this weekend. Here's my plan for today: B: Weigh****chers Flakes & Fiber cereal (dry) L: green salad with roasted red peppers, 4 oz. chicken breast and SF salad dressing Snack: Carb Fix pretzels D: Turkey sloppy Joe (just the meat and sauce), cauliflower Snack: 1 cup 1% cottage cheese with Splenda Totals: Calories: 837 Carbs: 31 Protein: 101 Water: at least 80 oz, will try for 100 oz. Exercise: did it this morning, might do a 2 mile WATP this evening again
typaul
on 1/7/06 2:09 pm - Merced, CA
Nancy, may I ask, "What is a WATP?" Is it some kind of exercise? I never heard of that before. Wow! Your list sounds like you did a lot better then I did!!! Blessings! CAROL
IrishIze
on 1/8/06 6:35 am - NJ
Hi Carol, WATP is Walk Away the Pounds. It's an exercise program, very low impact, mostly walking in place with some side steps, kicks and knee lifts added. You can check it out at: lesliesansonevideos.com (Just add the www.) I started off with the Get up and Get Started series and it's very easy to do. You can do a 1, 2, 3 or 4 mile walk. I do the 2 mile walk or jog 2X per day. Nice to have you here! Nancy
jewelcrown
on 1/7/06 10:43 pm
Way to go, Nancy!! You're my proof that it can be done 18 months post op!! You know I found a WATP video in my basement that I had never opened. I'm going to give it a shot!! Maybe if I add WATP to my water aerobics, I can burn even more calories!
IrishIze
on 1/8/06 6:51 am - NJ
Denise - I'm a die-hard couch potato, but I'm at the point that I look forward to doing my WATP! Give it a try! When do you go to the doc for your weigh-in? I can't wait to hear!!
jewelcrown
on 1/8/06 10:20 am
Hi Nancy: I weigh in this Wednesday... The jeans I wore today felt a little lose... Hopefully, it's a good sign... I've got the exercise down, just still struggling with food... One day at a time.... Thanks for your support and encouragement!! We can and will do this!!!
on my W.
on 1/7/06 9:26 am - Canada
Hi Gal's I did post this morning but must have done something wrong as it didn't show up. Way to go Nancy...I saw 169 today and I can't beleive it...we can do this....my post this morning was what tilapia was....I have never heard of it and it is certainly not something anyone I know eats.....keep going folks....I'll check in tomorrow...did well with a big salad and chicken and 100 of protein and all my water...just have the night ahead of me and that is the hardest but I try and put in lots of liquids so that I won't feel hungry...Hugs ...Karen 290 - 169- 140 something
ML
on 1/7/06 10:53 am - MD
Congratulations Nancy!! I have just started doing the WATP videos. They are actually fun. Did not do as well on the water front as I would have liked to today. Also ate a lot of carbs. Do any of you know what the optimal number of carbs is for weight loss ? Here is what I had today Breakfast Banana Snack 3/4 of an egg, cheese and sausage mcmuffin Lunch 6oz chili Snack 1 granola bar Dinner 1.2 cup couscous 3 ox pork tenderloin Total Cals 1024 Protein 60 Carbs 99 Water - only 30oz so far. Will drink more tonight WATP video - 1/2 hour
jewelcrown
on 1/7/06 10:47 pm
Hey M L.... I used to do low carb diets all the time before WLS. The magic number was under 60 carbs to lose; 60-75 to maintain.... I assume the numbers are still the same post WLS.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views